Vintage 1970 speedway shark

replaced brake pucks used jb weld to secure and made slider sleeves,I have a few speedway exhaust sorting through them and when I looked at the engine its a H. exhaust is on the left side,cant use the pipe unless I rotate flange and that moves it over 1 1/2 inch to the left,I have a hs40 electronic might convert to a Iighted engine have the cast flywheel and coil,I will sort it out over weekend

Attachments

going to use a hs40,installed gen coil drilled and taped lug to fit it,removed ring gear,using a early shroud brazed a patch on the inside and filled.going to use a slanted intake just thought it looks better horizontal as the exhaust and going to use a diaphragm carb

Attachments

Tommie

going to use a hs40,installed gen coil drilled and taped lug to fit it,removed ring gear,using a early shroud brazed a patch on the inside and filled.going to use a slanted intake just thought it looks better horizontal as the exhaust and going to use a diaphragm carb
Looking forward to seeing the bike all done

cfh

i thought first year 1970 Speedways used white tecumseh's, not silver? just curious, why did you go with silver?
(1971-1973 used black tecumsehs i believe.)

did you make that exhaust? it's very nice.

i thought first year 1970 Speedways used white tecumseh's, not silver? just curious, why did you go with silver?
(1971-1973 used black tecumsehs i believe.)

did you make that exhaust? it's very nice.
as I said a couple of post ago just thought the silver went better with the gold then the white

almost done only thing left is the headlight and I have enough pieces to install,had the exhaust flange break ,speedway only welded the flange to the tube in two places on the outside with half inch welds.I blazed it on both sides,also going to install a kick start will be done tomorrow and video on thursday

Attachments

cfh

i'm not sure brazing was the right thing to do on an exhaust manifold. it will probably melt that material. you really need to have it TIG welded.

cfh

Pat you’re too low on your temperature. Have you ever run a Minibike at night? The exhaust literally gets red hot. Cherry red hot. Conservatively speaking, 750°. I mean it might work using brazing. But I wouldn’t do it that way.

installed head light when its running the vibration causes it to rotate in the bezel its got four spring clips holding it,I straightened it out and used some silicone to help secure,used hi temp it states its good for six hundred degrees should have know issues there,installed kickstart didnt like it shroud flexes too much and with slanted engine it raises it up too high,just didnt work for me ,had both knees replaced just found it hard to operate so back on with recoil

Attachments