1970 Taco T100 Tecumseh 4hp

On a 1970 Taco T100 with a Tecumseh 4hp engine, does any know what the original color was on a Tecumseh 4hp engine? White or Silver? Also, was the fuel tank mounted on the front of the Tecumseh 4hp engine or was a seperate round tank mounted onto the Taco T100 frame? :shrug:

Thx for the link... Still uncertain as the T100 pic shows a B&S 5hp which looks silver. But if you scroll down 3 pics to the Taco 22, it has a Tecumseh 2.5hp engine and it looks white in color (contrasted by the silver TACO chain guard and the black fuel tank on the Tecumseh engine). Do you see what I'm seeing???

Last edited:

jrzmac

al the pics I see they have silver Briggs' in them. that website must be wrong. I dont think they used tecumsehs in their bikes. somebody will know for sure!!!

I know Taco had Tecumseh's as an option in their 1970 models. I remember riding my friend's T100 Tecumseh in the early 70's but just don't recall the color of the engine. He got his on Christmas in 1970.... The good old days!!!

Yeah jrzmac, it is a Briggs 5hp (all Briggs were silver for the Taco models). Near the bottom of that page, there is an HPE Slingshot with a 3.5hp Tecumseh engine and is black in color. Tecumseh seemed to have manufactured their engines in many colors... I am still leaning towards the "white" Tecumseh engine for the 1970 Taco 22 model as pictured on the steenstacominibike.com website.

Does anyone know (for certain) what the original color was on the Tecumseh 4hp engine put on the 1970 TACO T100??? White or Silver...