Vintage 1971 arctic cat

1971 Arctic Cat

• yes

Votes: 3 42.9%
  • No

Votes: 4 57.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
heres my hs50,I dont know what someone was trying to do to the main jet,its filled with epoxy,maybe some one thought it was a drain and lost it?Welded up the primer holes and starter switch holes in shroud removed paint and rust and starting to polish,Going to install points try a kit in the carb and check valve lash

Attachments

installed tank decals,put a baffle in exhaust used a inch ,half frost plug drilled four quarter inch holes tapped it in with a socket and tack welded it,I can get at it with a drill if I need to enlarge them.The shroud that I welded has pinholes and pits spot welded them up twice.was going to chrome it but when I polished more show up.going to skim filler over it and paint

Attachments

ran the engine remover exhaust and intake,painted didnt install fuel line through shroud thought I would run it external to the tank but was too close to exhaust and didnt look right,I fished the line through the shroud so I wouldnt damage the paint removing shroud,got it through hit the throttle a few times and key sheared so much for trying to save paint,checked recoil generator and its working.working on the chain guard hope to paint this week end

Attachments

painted chain guard on Saturday and it turned out a mess,repainted today looks good will post later.For brake cables arctic cat have there own the ends are threaded and the adjuster keeps it centered,Im using standard cables,using 3/8 clevis pins I drilled and taped them for 1/4 set screws

Attachments