1971 Kawasaki Parnelli Jones MT1 Dyna-Mite

Well I'll start off with Ya I'm the FNG (F-in New Guy). My name is Chris and I'm also an f-ing older guy ( just turned 59 ) as well as being new. I've had this bike for a long time (20 yrs). We beat it to almost death and it was a happy mini bike, then I let someone else ride it and it went south fast as they thought it was a supercross bike and rode it accordingly, speed shifting and jumping and soforth. So here we sit after 10yrs of sitting in the backyard, under tarps just wishing it was a ride-able mini bike again. I finally got it out and am starting a plan to bring it back to life. Not a show bike but for sure way good looking and then we will ride it again and it will be happy once more .

Attachments

Well I'll start off with Ya I'm the FNG (F-in New Guy). My name is Chris and I'm also an f-ing older guy ( just turned 59 ) as well as being new. I've had this bike for a long time (20 yrs). We beat it to almost death and it was a happy mini bike, then I let someone else ride it and it went south fast as they thought it was a supercross bike and rode it accordingly, speed shifting and jumping and soforth. So here we sit after 10yrs of sitting in the backyard, under tarps just wishing it was a ride-able mini bike again. I finally got it out and am starting a plan to bring it back to life. Not a show bike but for sure way good looking and then we will ride it again and it will be happy once more .
Welcome Chris. We like old guys here! A lot of us are about your age. The average age, is probably mid forties, with many of us older. Thanks for posting that bike up, and the story along with it. (Old people also dig nostalga) LOL! Plenty of Kawasaki gurus on here who like to help out.

Well SPD, You're like me, old, but also, your connection to mini bikes is like
mine: You can tell whether or not your mini is feeling well. And then determine
if it needs a new part to ease it back to happy. At least that's my experience.
It's so irrational, but i'm good at irrational.

Parnelli Jones MT1 Dyna-Mite The name of this mini is way cool
like the bike.

Ok so those 1st pics were how it was in October when I decided to actually do something to it after cleaning out our storage unit (Where it lived for the last 2 years). I totally broke it down to where it fit into a couple plastic containers and labeled everything. Last year I bought an Eastwood hobby powder coat gun and married 2 house ovens together so that's what I'm doing to clean up everything(We are rough on everything and paint just don't last in my family). I have access to a 3ft blast cabinet at my work so thats where it starts blast everything and powder coat. I started with the frame that way I could put stuff back on as it got done.

Attachments

Ok so those 1st pics were how it was in October when I decided to actually do something to it after cleaning out our storage unit (Where it lived for the last 2 years). I totally broke it down to where it fit into a couple plastic containers and labeled everything. Last year I bought an Eastwood hobby powder coat gun and married 2 house ovens together so that's what I'm doing to clean up everything(We are rough on everything and paint just don't last in my family). I have access to a 3ft blast cabinet at my work so thats where it starts blast everything and powder coat. I started with the frame that way I could put stuff back on as it got done.

Attachments