1971 moto skeeter 450

Greeting. I have just joined the forum. I am going to pick up a 71 moto skeeter 450 tomorrow. This will be the first mini i have owned in about 45 years. Looking forward to discussing and being schooled on this old iron.

Thanks
cb750f

myjunk

Hi and welcome. So you are the guy who beat me to that Moto Skeeter on craigslist LOL. If its the same one it looks like a very good machine, I have 2 just like it, if you have any questions about them I will be happy to help.

LOL. I have not purchased it yet,going to look at it this mourning,but i am pretty sure it is coming home with me. I have not owned a mini sence 1972 when i was 10. i dabbled with vintage sleds for years,sold them off {to hard to move around}.

Nice machine.

I have 2 wheels, front fork, and a front fender for it sitting here in my parts bin.
If you need them PM me, you can have them. Just shipping.

Roadmaster75

I am having trouble getting the rear wheel off my 450. I am assuming that the axel bolt should slide out once the nut is removed? The axel is frozen in place and before I try anything drastic I just want to be sure I am not missing the obvious... any help or advice is appreciated, thanks in advance