1971 Mud Bug

I'm new to the forum and so far I'm learning a lot. I bought what I believe is a 1971 Mud Bug at an auction last weekend. I plan on restoring it but I'm not sure if I want to keep it original or custom. Based on a little research it seems like finding original parts may be an issue. If I go the custom route anyone have any motor suggestions? Thanks for the input.

Welcome to the OldMiniBikes , chadder...post up some pics of that Bug when ya can . Plenty of good folks on here with all kinds of Ideas !

Here are a couple of pics I took of the MB at the auction, I haven't had a chance to take any better ones since I got it home. Can anyone tell by the pictures what year it is?

Looks like it is all there to me. :thumbsup: I don't see you needing many parts. OldMiniBikes warehouse will have your basic parts for the trike. If you clean that up, it will probably look like new.

Very nice find ! Like they've already said,,a good wash & wax throw some air in those tires it'll look brand new. Little carb clean,maybe a belt or chain and you'll be driving around with a big grin

Anyone know what year it is and what it's worth?
Welcome to the forum Chadder :thumbsup: If the engine is original the numbers off the shroud will tell you what year it is :thumbsup: We dont give values here on the forum, so if you like it and have fun with it its worth what you paid for it :thumbsup: