1971 Prototype Silver Shadow

I found the original prototype 1971 Silver Shadow bike. This bike is the SST Sachs (Silver Shadow Trail) bike that was used in the 1971 Popular Cycle Magazine test bike. It was also used in all of the 1971 Speedway advertising. The difference between this bike and the production 1971 Silver Shadow, is that this bike has a 1970 back half frame with the loop, pre-production hand laid fiberglass seat, and a 1970 exhaust. This pike also has a prototype serial number on front of the frame. The original color was Silver not neon IMG_0262.PNG

Attachments

Last edited:
I found the original prototype 1971 Silver Shadow bike. This bike is the SST Sachs (Silver Shadow Trail) bike that was used in the 1971 Popular Cycle Magazine test bike. It was also used in all of the 1971 Speedway advertising. The difference between this bike and the production 1971 Silver Shadow, is that this bike has a 1970 back half frame with the loop, pre-production hand laid fiberglass seat, and a 1970 exhaust. This pike also has a prototype serial number on front of the frame. The original color was Silver not neon View attachment 90724
Lol wondered when i would see that again.quite a story with that.i rescued it from a scrapper then sold it to a collector in Ohio(hi Paul)Merry Christmas everybody