1971 Rupp BlackWidow Questions

I am trying to get this Rupp to run , it has a Dellotoro carb on it . Cleaned the tank ,replaced fuel tank shut off valve , fuel line , spark plug ,it has a champion J8C , 60lbs compression . I did not remove the carb but did remove the 2- screws on the top shot carb cleaner & blew out with compressed air . It starts when you shoot gas into the carb for a second thats it . need advice please .

ruppking

You need to totally disassemble carb and clean all parts and blow out all passages. There is a fuel filter screen inside of the fuel inlet, clean or replace.
assemble carb. set idle mixture screw to 5/8 turn out. set Hi speed "T" handle screw to 1 turn out initially. Adjust from there for best performance and smooth running.

cfh

The dellortos are pretty easy to clean. RK is right, the intake filter/screen does get clogged. at minimum that needs cleaned. also remove the float bowl. a lot of times there's a pile of junk in the bottom of that. also remove the jets while the bowl is off and clean those. that should pretty much do it.

I have a 1971 Black Widow, tecumseh motor and the dellorto carb - all original

However I’ve always had a pro do the oil change

Can someone give me a “how to” walk through and oil recommendation

Cuda54

I just set mini up on a 5 gal bucket pull the drian plug and let it drain into it. You can add a 2x4 to the back side to tilt the engine more. I use Synthetic oil in mine now but use what oil you like.

Is drain plug same plug where dipstick is? Pardon my ignorance
Just pour out and pour more in? Regular 2 cycle Briggs n Stratton and how much?

The drain plug is in front or back of the bottom of the motor. Not same place as dip stick. The engine uses 4 cycle oil, not 2 cycle oil. Same oil you put in your car. You really should leave the bike alone if you are selling it.