1972 Rupp?

Hello I just picked up this what I believe is a 1972 Rupp. Someone rattle canned it silver but from what I can tell it had a black frame, swingarm and forks. It also has 12" 24 spoke wheels. Is there any way it the condition it's in could I figure out what model it was? Also do they make any re pop parts like gas tanks? Any info on this bike and where I could maybe source a tank would be greatly appreciated. PXL_20210508_203839841.jpg PXL_20210508_203851673.jpg PXL_20210508_203904866.jpg

Attachments

I have some tanks, you can get the seat covers don't know about the foam. Ask Manchester1 on here she makes beautiful seats. There were stick on chrome tape serial numbers on the seat pan. look top and bottom to see if you find one.

colt 1911

Hello I just picked up this what I believe is a 1972 Rupp. Someone rattle canned it silver but from what I can tell it had a black frame, swingarm and forks. It also has 12" 24 spoke wheels. Is there any way it the condition it's in could I figure out what model it was? Also do they make any re pop parts like gas tanks? Any info on this bike and where I could maybe source a tank would be greatly appreciated. View attachment 278377 View attachment 278378 View attachment 278379
the bike is a 71-75. if you paid $50 for it you did ok. most of the parts you need will show up on ebay over time. blackwidow motorsports has a great seat foam and cover. somebody made that foot brake. hear comes the warning!!!!!! i have bought multiple bikes like yours mostly intact- correct engine/gas tank/useable tires/both fenders/etc. for $300. enough parts on my bikes are missing that when completed as a nice rider i spent another $800. so i would end up with an $1100 bike i had to beg for $800. do some homework before you move forward even if you are keeping the bike for your self.

cfh

almost for sure was once a Roadster2. The trials tires give it away (not black widow or enduro.) Also if the frame was originally black, probably 1972 model. and i agree with what guys posted... you can get the parts, but man it's gonna cost... Gas tank, seat/foam, torque converter, jackshaft, clutch cover, rear fender, cables, MOTOR, exhaust, probably sprockets... man it adds up!

Ya I know it's pretty far gone and I'm really thinking it would be more suitable as a restomod. I really just wanna get a tank, seat and rear fender just to have the correct tins and seat. Not sure what I'll do for an engine yet but I like my mini bikes potent lol was gonna build it more to resemble a scrambler so I wouldn't need a headlight or tail light. This is my first Rupp but I mess with/build minis all the time.

I have some tanks, you can get the seat covers don't know about the foam. Ask Manchester1 on here she makes beautiful seats. There were stick on chrome tape serial numbers on the seat pan. look top and bottom to see if you find one.
What would you need for a tank?

I found a couple. they were stripped down to bare metal then primed with epoxy DTM primer. Handlebar dents are present in both. You would have to bondo then reprime and paint. I want $75 for the one on the right and 85 for the other. I would have to see if they fit a large flat rate box otherwise shipping would be whatever it costs. I have a few of those cheap china whizzer tanks in both sizes if you are ok with something like that but if that is the case you should get it from ebay unless you want it chromed like mine. It is a crappy chrome job on the chinese tanks.

Attachments

Looks like a good start..I would get the correct seat,tank and period correct motor..fenders come up once in awhile..just ride it and smile.

GustoGuy

Looks like a good start..I would get the correct seat,tank and period correct motor..fenders come up once in awhile..just ride it and smile.

Finding a period correct good running HS40 with a lighting coil can be expensive. I seen them for over $800 on Ebay. I resto-mod my bike. A 4hp engine is pretty mild compared to my Billet rod and Billet fly wheel with 22mm Chikuni and 22lb valve springs and Robertson torque tube exhaust Predator 212cc. My bike goes over 50mph and is not suitable for little kids to ride. I may put in a cam too. But it is pretty fast the way it is and and it could be very overwhelming and potentially dangerous for a lightweight younger novice to ride.

cfh

i would not go the light route. it's expensive from the motor with lighting coil, to the head lamp/wiring/tail lamp. Badge it as an 'enduro' and forget the lights. personally i would go the HS50 route myself.

kayde

That nice clean fender is great start too a complete overhaul of the bike....that's how it starts with one part.

Just to point out your frame dont have the oe fuel tank mounts on it anymore.

I'm diggin the foot brake