1972 Suzuki rv90 engine swap

Need to do a motor swap, if anybody can help, I need to swap out this old 90cc Suzuki engine, I want to put in a 125 cc or a 150 cc,, I heard lifan are the ones to use, anybody have any suggestions,?? for transplant,
that won't create a lot of work for me,
I know I'll have to fabricate the motor mounts somehow, any information would help guys and gals, please let me know what you know,,. THANKS!!

IMG_20200729_201123797.jpg

mustangfrank

You "need" to do an engine swap or you "want" to do it? Can't offer specific help but if I were doing it I'd try to source a similar vintage Suzuki engine if it could be a bolt in swap, keeping exhaust and ancillary items easier to fit/source too.

You "need" to do an engine swap or you "want" to do it? Can't offer specific help but if I were doing it I'd try to source a similar vintage Suzuki engine if it could be a bolt in swap, keeping exhaust and ancillary items easier to fit/source too.
Thanks for the reply mustang Frank I want to do it, the 90cc are gutless and I'm a bigger guy so I want to swap it out for a 125, 140, or 150cc, I've seen a couple of them done, that's what I'd like to do, just wondering if somebody out there might have some useful information for me to help me out

mustangfrank

I'm the same way, I have never left an original engine in a mini or gokart, although swapping engines on a flat plate is too easy. Too bad it's not one of those Japanese engine series that will take all sizes of jug and piston kits.

Good luck with your project.

bruces

I have owned several rv90’s and the 125’s as well and was going to do the 140 piranha swap but found somebody with too much money who purchased all my fat tire Suzuki’s in one shot .Check out the Pitster Pro Sherpa 125 ,it’s exactly what you are trying to do and you might be able to figure out how they accomplished it .

might as well just build the engine you have.check the reed valve condition,cut the spark arester off of the silencer[ the turbin looking thing ]bore to 100cc,rejet carb,re gear to suit.its already 8hp in proper stock tune.

Need to do a motor swap, if anybody can help, I need to swap out this old 90cc Suzuki engine, I want to put in a 125 cc or a 150 cc,, I heard lifan are the ones to use, anybody have any suggestions,?? for transplant,
that won't create a lot of work for me,
I know I'll have to fabricate the motor mounts somehow, any information would help guys and gals, please let me know what you know,,. THANKS!!

View attachment 268998
I don't know if you are still pursuing this project, but I put a lifan 125 into a RV90. I can take some pictures of the mounts I fabricated if you want. I'd have to disassemble it to take accurate measurements. The biggest pain that I remember was lining up the sprockets, plus bending the kickstarter to clear the frame.

great job with the front disc brakes! any idea where to find some online? also i need a clutch cable, they seem hard to find. what do u run in the transfer case

great job with the front disc brakes! any idea where to find some online? also i need a clutch cable, they seem hard to find. what do u run in the transfer case
Here is one example of a similar front brake setup: http://rover.ebay.com/rover/1/711-5...0001&campid=5335845805&icep_item=253165228436. I had to make an adapter plate that bolted to nuts welded to the inside of the brake drum. Is this the kind of clutch cable you are talking about (http://rover.ebay.com/rover/1/711-5...0001&campid=5335845805&icep_item=254543887915 Mine came with the Lifan 125.