1974 Alsport Trisport RTS 340 SL Restore / Rebuild thread

Rebuild the walbro or get a different carb

• Total voters

wjustice

Just make sure that the kut has the parts you need. For me, i couldn't use anything but the carb. So i just got a carb and got the mount and choke off ebay

I'm gonna use the choke lever deal you can get with it and I think the carb mount will work. Says replacement for a tillotson HD or walbro WD which is what's on it now.
Have to see when it gets in what will work and what won't.

It's Trikesmas Eve!! :xmas-smiley-016:

They can wait one more day on that new car lol :thumbsup::thumbsup:
I'm glad everything was able to work out that Josh and I are able to meet tomorrow. He's a cool guy. :thumbsup:
The plan was originally gonna be that his wife was going to bring it up here to Md. in his truck when she visited her folks, but with the new car, she would've had to trailer it up here but he said she probably would have been too comfortable towing a trailer that far which I completely understood. I wouldn't want my wife doing something she wasn't comfortable doing, so there was no way I'd want Josh's wife to do the same.

Depending on what time I get back tomorrow, I'll post pics. But it may be Sunday for pics.

Shawn

Since I am picking it up tomorrow, my plan is to put in a car and bike show next month.
I'm a part time stage lighting tech for a stage sound & lighting company and every year at the end of June, we setup and run sound & lighting for a local Optimists Club sponsored festival called the Price Of Freedom Fest that honers our soldiers, wounded warriors and fallen heroes. It's 2 day's of great live music and they have a really cool car and bike show and I think it would be neat to enter it.

Shawn

Last edited:
The meet went great and I got the RTS home safely about about an hour ago.
As soon as I got it home, my 3 1/2 year old son jumped right on it and said "lets ride daddy"! LOL

Here's a pic with him "checking it out" I think I have a future triker on my hands. :thumbsup:

Shawn

Attachments

I was checking the RTS over today and I noticed a bolt in the diff that was sticking out and when I went to tighten it down, it just kept spinning. So I'm going to drop the axle and diff assy. and see whats going on after I get the engine running.

Shawn

Hey Justice thanks for chiming in. I just sent you a PM before I saw your post.
But yeah that's what I was thinking as well but the bolt pulls out and the nut and threads are still in the sprocket and when I checked the nut on the sprocket it felt tight. So maybe the threads are rusted to the sprocket. At least it's something simple & cheap and not a problem with the diff housing.
I had to do some other stuff so I didn't have time to really get into it.

Thanks,
Shawn

Last edited:

wjustice

I can look but there are parts diagram available for the peerless diff. They should show you they are 4 bolts that go all the way through. Most I've seen were loose when first found. Check them as that 440 will be all that diff can handle.

I can look but there are parts diagram available for the peerless diff. They should show you they are 4 bolts that go all the way through. Most I've seen were loose when first found. Check them as that 440 will be all that diff can handle.
Hey Justice thanks again for your help Sir. :thumbsup:
A parts diagram would be great. :thumbsup:
I plan on going over every nut and bolt just to make sure everything is good to go before the first ride. I'm also working on a check list of things to do as well.

Shawn