1974 Alsport Trisport RTS 340 SL Restore / Rebuild thread

Rebuild the walbro or get a different carb

• Total voters

wjustice

If youre still looking, there is a trike roller in maryland on ebay for $40. The diff is a bit questionable but should be ok. I just dont like the center plates someone added to the housing.

wjustice

Thise parts have been on ebay for a while. He want a small fortune for what he has left. The diff didnt have the stub axle with it. He was selling that with the axle separately.

Shawnster, contact this fella. He has some extra parts by the sound of it.

https://limaohio.craigslist.org/snw/5273970331.htm l

Here is a pile of parts and I see what you might be looking for.

Tri Sport Tri Sport 350 Bulk Motorcycle Parts Lot | eBay
Thanks for the links. :thumbsup:
Unfortunately it's more than I can spend at the moment and after talking to the guy, they would be more trouble than they are worth as they both have been sitting out for 5 years the one that does run is "Just Mocked Up" and needs to be completely torn down and restored and the other trike is a complete basket case. Plus I wouldn't be able to travel to Ohio any time soon with my work schedule. And the Fee Bay guy wants over $300.00 :blink:

Shawn

Thise parts have been on ebay for a while. He want a small fortune for what he has left. The diff didnt have the stub axle with it. He was selling that with the axle separately.
I have some good news. Although my Uncle wasn't able to re-weld the old diff case, I was able to find a another good case half so I'm good to go now.
Which leads me to my next question. I stopped at Tractor Supply and picked up a pair of new eccentric lock bearings and am wondering if you or someone here could explain how to set the lock collar as they are very loose and will not thread onto the bearing. Does the set screw have to be snugged down and then use a punch to tighten it against the bearing?

I want to make sure I do this right.

Thanks,
Shawn

wjustice

Just place the bearing, position the lock, use something like a punch to rotate it and lock the bearing to the shaft, then tighten the set screw to prevent the collar from loosening.

Hey guy's. I know it's been a while since I've been here. I've been really busy with my band, work and life. However, I still haven't given up on my RTS. In fact, I finally had a chance to rebuild the diff. today. I started running out of day light and the mosquito's commenced a full force bombing run so I didn't have time to reinstall the diff. Plus I have to get a new zirc fitting for one of the u-joints. Hopefully next weekend will be nice so I can get it back to rolling status.
Here are a couple pics.

Shawn

Attachments

Last edited:
Anyone know why this is in the Go Kart section and not the Trike section? And can someone please move it to the Trike section?
Also, what happened to the More Than Two Wheels section? I stop logging in for a while and the forum is unrecognizable. I had to search my own posts to find this and other threads.

Shawn

Last edited:
It's a roller again!

Hello all,
We had perfect Spring weather here in Md. today which I took advantage off to get as much done as possible on the RTS.
It was also a perfect opportunity to spend time with my oldest son who has gotten into all things with engines ever since I took him to his first drag race a couple years ago. He's also been showing an interest in the mechanical side of things which is cool so I've been teaching him how to maintain his mini bike, I.E. how to change the oil, clean, adjust and lube the chain, and perform basic tune-ups and maintenance and he picked it up pretty quickly. So I decided to see how he'd do installing the diff in the RTS. All I had to do was tell him what side of the mounts that the bearing plates went on and he crawled right under it and hung the diff like he was an old pro. I couldn't have been more proud of him! :thumbsup: The diff installation was a little bit of a fight but no where near as bad as removing the old one. I would've had the brake calipers installed, plumbed and bled, but due to one of my brain fart moments, they got misplaced somehow after cleaning up my storage shed last weekend. :doah: I'll find them and get them installed hopefully next weekend if it's nice.
The one problem I did have is the chain is rubbing against the chain tensioner arm
but it's an easy fix. I just have to remove it, heat it and put add a slight bend just under the tensioner sprocket. I'll do that when I install the brakes. It' shouldn't be too much longer until the first ride. :scooter:

Here are a couple pics of the new diff.

Shawn

Attachments

Last edited: