1980 Heald Superbronc VT812 almost finished

chrisr

Its a nice bronc, maybe you could find someone local that could weld on a bracket so you can use the caliper and sprocket as a disc. If you go with an o-ring chain, you can keep the sprocket dry and the caliper setup should work ok. The caliper setups are pretty inexpensive. Before I got 220v in the garage, the local muffler shop was very reasonable for these quick welding tasks.

Its a nice bronc, maybe you could find someone local that could weld on a bracket so you can use the caliper and sprocket as a disc. If you go with an o-ring chain, you can keep the sprocket dry and the caliper setup should work ok. The caliper setups are pretty inexpensive. Before I got 220v in the garage, the local muffler shop was very reasonable for these quick welding tasks.
Thanks chrisr, I’ve thought of that but had so many people may say the idea of a sprocket brake. I’ll look into it. But I have it up for sale now. We’ll see what happens first ! Lol

I just put a 6” band brake on my last fat tire Heald VT1. And a few Super Broncs before that. The problem is selling a big mini bike with no brakes. We understand here but trying to sell it to a dad and his kid is going to be difficult. I just bought the other one on Craigslist but I dont mind starting from scratch. I’ll mention it to my buddy who is looking for one and give him the options of finding the TAV Brake or copying one of my brakes. F6FDC939-52E4-4A6D-A125-93AE98785547.png