1986 Honda Z50RD Chrome Christmas Special - Very Rare only 3000 made - $650

Forsale 1986 Honda Z50RD Christmas Special Chrome Edition. This bike is extremely rare you will not find another like it. Only 3000 made in the U.S.A Bike is in good condition as it sits. However their are a few parts missing off the bike and I have found almost every one i can help you out with links to honda parts dealer's that have the parts you need. i haven't purchased any of the parts because i wanted to fire it up before i started to restore it. I was not successful in getting it to run and do not have time to fool with it. When i got the bike the coil wire was broke in half. I have since purchased a brand new coil part cost me $70. It still will not fire and I do not know how to get it running. Inside of the gas tank looks very clean. Tires are in nice shape. I cleaned on the chrome some it could be cleaned more I only spent a couple hours cleaning on it and got it shiny for the most part. Little more elbow grease and it'll look like new the chrome is very nice under the dirt build up. Like I said overall the bike is still very nice other than a few parts missing if you know how to work on small engines you'd be able to get it to run. I tried with a new coil but dont' know what to do after that. Let me know if you'd like to take a look at it. thanks

In the pics I have the seat removed because I was cleaning the chrome I do have the seat it is red.

I have seen restored Honda Z50RD for as much as $3500 on ebay. I am asking $650 for this one and with a little work you can make it be worth over 3grand.

st.louis Mo

Last edited:
Forsale 1986 Honda Z50RD Christmas Special Chrome Edition. This bike is extremely rare you will not find another like it. Only 3000 made in the U.S.A Bike is in good condition as it sits. However their are a few parts missing off the bike and I have found almost every one i can help you out with links to honda parts dealer's that have the parts you need. i haven't purchased any of the parts because i wanted to fire it up before i started to restore it. I was not successful in getting it to run and do not have time to fool with it. When i got the bike the coil wire was broke in half. I have since purchased a brand new coil part cost me $70. It still will not fire and I do not know how to get it running. Inside of the gas tank looks very clean. Tires are in nice shape. I cleaned on the chrome some it could be cleaned more I only spent a couple hours cleaning on it and got it shiny for the most part. Little more elbow grease and it'll look like new the chrome is very nice under the dirt build up. Like I said overall the bike is still very nice other than a few parts missing if you know how to work on small engines you'd be able to get it to run. I tried with a new coil but dont' know what to do after that. Let me know if you'd like to take a look at it. thanks

In the pics I have the seat removed because I was cleaning the chrome I do have the seat it is red.

I have seen restored Honda Z50RD for as much as $3500 on ebay. I am asking $650 for this one and with a little work you can make it be worth over 3grand.

with 2000 dollars work it will be worth 2500, Its cool but not really a show bike. It has been used and abused, i think 400 is more like it if it has the seat.

Tell us more Jesse ... :detective:
Hi guys I just found your site hoping you guys can help me out. I just picked up a 1986 honda Z50 Chrome christmas special minibike last night off of Craigslist for $125. Young lady had it she was asking $150. I snatched it up. I didn't know till last last night that this thing is worth big bucks. So i've been reseaching all day. I've seen two on ebay going for 3500 dollar range. But they are near mint. Mine is not.

Hi guys I just found your site hoping you guys can help me out. I just picked up a 1986 honda Z50 Chrome christmas special minibike last night off of Craigslist for $125. Young lady had it she was asking $150. I snatched it up. I didn't know till last last night that this thing is worth big bucks. So i've been reseaching all day. I've seen two on ebay going for 3500 dollar range. But they are near mint. Mine is not.
Hmmmm ... Another one of those ... :doah:

I was speaking toward the gent ... Not the bike ... I think I get what your say'in though ...
I did get what you were saying as far as the "another one" thing goes. I've seen it time and time again, people joining for reasons other than interest in the hobby. I hope I'm wrong about this guy, but as far as the bike goes it's grossly overpriced IMO and research would be prudent if one were interested. A person can claim 3000 made but without verification it's just fancy talk, and who's to say it's even what it's claimed to be! Serial #s and documentation are crucial to such claims, I could chrome my DB but it would only be a chromed DB in the end!

guys i have a ? why is it that people find things for 100.00 they then watch barrett jackson or pawn stars or american pickers and now think that what they just picked up is worth a fortune if it matters i picked up a very nice 1971 fox sundowner much more rare to find then a z50 i got the sundowner for 250.00 should i hurry and get on the for sale board and ask 5,000.00 for it ? i am sorry it just really upsets me that instead of taking the minibike or for that matter any hobby and thinking you are going to become rich over it or some newby checking out the board and finding that turd then thinking he is going to come here and make us believe that what he has is a gold mine these people need to realize most of us on here are collectors that know our stuff anyway sorry if i am wrong to be saying this but felt i needed to get it off my mind thank you :scooter:

guys i have a ? why is it that people find things for 100.00 they then watch barrett jackson or pawn stars or american pickers and now think that what they just picked up is worth a fortune if it matters i picked up a very nice 1971 fox sundowner much more rare to find then a z50 i got the sundowner for 250.00 should i hurry and get on the for sale board and ask 5,000.00 for it ? i am sorry it just really upsets me that instead of taking the minibike or for that matter any hobby and thinking you are going to become rich over it or some newby checking out the board and finding that turd then thinking he is going to come here and make us believe that what he has is a gold mine these people need to realize most of us on here are collectors that know our stuff anyway sorry if i am wrong to be saying this but felt i needed to get it off my mind thank you :scooter:
Don't be sorry ... It happens all the time ... This tight nit group of mini bike folks know who we are and what we are about ...

Like any hobby there is always somebody who thinks their stuff is super rare, or one of akind, and demands top dollar. Just have to keep it in prospective.

thanks guys i just get discouraged i currently have 21 mini bikes and have been in the mini bike hobby for almost 10 years now i am very good friends with jeff who puts on the mini bike reunion in windber every year we can't buy descent mini bikes anymore without spending a fortune on something we used to get for 150.00 just because you have an old minibike doesnt mean it is worth my house i realize times change but thanks to the television we are one day going to be putting a loan on our house so we can stay in a hobby thanks again and sorry if i am out of line i think i have said enough :scooter:

I aint sticking up or taking sides, but for site with no what it's worth rule.. Everybody sure does know what it's worth. :eek:ut:

Why should someone sell their vintage minibike that they no longer make, look way cooler and have way more patina and heritage for the price of a Chinese 2010 minibike? I know, I know.. It's just a hobby. RIGHT?

I bet ANY of you guys that argue it's just a hobby If I went and offered you $150 smackers for any of your running nice vintage bike you would tell me "F-OFF:censure:"

It's always a "hobby" when you want to buy cheap.. It's all of a sudden a "passion" when you want to sell. Happens everywhere. I'm guilty, you're guilty.. we all are.

But If We ask too high a price, nobody buys them and buy's Chinese bikes instead and stimulates the China economy and outsources all of our jobs.. WHAT TO DO? :shrug::laugh:

Dude If you want top dollar Hit E-bay and that will determine how bad someone wants what you got.. I mean I just saw a Boonie Bike FRAME ROLLER in crappy condition sell for $370 shipped! Anyone want to buy Mine in excellent shape with a 5HP IC for $740 It's twice the bike the e-bay one is.?:drinkup:

Last edited:
Its only worth what someone is willing to pay!! :wink: Seems every time I want something, so does everybody else want the same thing. I can't get a good deal any place.:shrug: I need some luck.:helpsmilie::helpsmilie:

i agree with everyone that has posted on this site everything being said makes sense to me sorry if i started something that maybe i shouldnt have :scooter:
Nothing wrong with throwing your hat into the ring, it's a forum and that's what a forum is for!:thumbsup: I do wish the guy luck on the sale, whatever my thoughts are about the price and claims of rarity!:thumbsup:

i will add one last thing at the york swap meet this past march i sold a chrome special that was 90 percent original in very nice running order needed some chrome cleaning but not bad and needed the original grips i sold it for a 1,000.00 but you are right if the guy wants 650.00 and gets it i wish him all the best :scooter: