1986 Honda Z50RD Chrome Christmas Special - Very Rare only 3000 made - $650

I aint sticking up or taking sides, but for site with no what it's worth rule.. Everybody sure does know what it's worth. :eek:ut:

Why should someone sell their vintage minibike that they no longer make, look way cooler and have way more patina and heritage for the price of a Chinese 2010 minibike? I know, I know.. It's just a hobby. RIGHT?

I bet ANY of you guys that argue it's just a hobby If I went and offered you $150 smackers for any of your running nice vintage bike you would tell me "F-OFF:censure:"

It's always a "hobby" when you want to buy cheap.. It's all of a sudden a "passion" when you want to sell. Happens everywhere. I'm guilty, you're guilty.. we all are.

But If We ask too high a price, nobody buys them and buy's Chinese bikes instead and stimulates the China economy and outsources all of our jobs.. WHAT TO DO? :shrug::laugh:

Dude If you want top dollar Hit E-bay and that will determine how bad someone wants what you got.. I mean I just saw a Boonie Bike FRAME ROLLER in crappy condition sell for $370 shipped! Anyone want to buy Mine in excellent shape with a 5HP IC for $740 It's twice the bike the e-bay one is.?:drinkup:
I just sold my rupp Enduro for 150.00, My Cheeftah for 150.00, and my Baja for 200.00...It is a hobby and I didnt make a dime on any of them. But they were fun to put together and to see the faces of the kids that bought them.

I just sold my rupp Enduro for 150.00, My Cheeftah for 150.00, and my Baja for 200.00...It is a hobby and I didnt make a dime on any of them. But they were fun to put together and to see the faces of the kids that bought them.
I'll take your bonanza chopper or your Benelli for $150.:thumbsup:

You can have the Benelli for 150..I paid 350.00. It needs a new carb. come to find out. The Bonanza was sold last week. I did make 50 bucks on that. If I break even on a bike...it's all worth it. I get to ride it around for awhile and enjoy building it. :thumbsup:

Last edited:
I have to laugh at this thread! Unless someone has been living under a rock lately the only mini's that are selling are the 200.00 range on down(some up to 300 give or take). Dont believe it take a look at the classifieds section of this site or Craigs or whatever. The top dollar stuff isnt moving so that is the market. It doesn't get any more simple than that to me...as mentioned previously on this thread, the market dictates what something is worth and its only worth what people are willing to pay.

People on here and Craigs and Ebay who have the expensive top dollar stuff that seem to get so bent out of shape about this I think are just all pissed off now that the party is over for the time being, maybe a LONG time! No more overpaying for minis or anything for that matter anymore. Just because somebody paid it before doesnt mean thats what its worth now. If you think its worth it, and you want ebay pricing then put it on ebay! Prove me or the nay sayers wrong! See, people like everything else in this world took something that was inexpensive to own and made it into a high dollar game, which is a shame. You can deny this is a hobby all day long either way but it is what it is now. Luckily for alot of people, this still is. So anyway, if someone wants to make the point of offering 150 for a mini, I say on the flipside of this, try and sell your stuff at your high pricing right now and see how it works out...

So anyway, if someone wants to make the point of offering 150 for a mini, I say on the flipside of this, try and sell your stuff at your high pricing right now and see how it works out...

OK.. I just sold this 2 weeks ago for $350 on Craigslist the very first day I listed it. I got about 10 inquiries as well in the first couple hours.. The guy drove 2 hours one way, paid me the cash, and left a happy man.. True story. Maybe your market sucks who knows. Different states different market.

Nothing special, not original , but a nice clean mini.. I think we all agree though It's worth what someone will pay. I guess there might be someone out there that will pay that price.. Obviously not on this site though. Would I? probably not, but If I wanted one and was desperately seeking one.. Yes. I might lowball a hundred bucks or so. LOL. I think That is why everybody prices high now-a-days because everybody Kicks you in the nuts and mega lowballs anyways.

Last edited:
haha wow you ripped that guy a new one :p I agree though the market isn't what it once was. Yes you will see a few bikes here and there go higher than they ought to but by and large a mini bike should not cost a arm and a leg. It is a simple machine and lots of fun but I agree they have been blown out of porportion. Right now in my area I see nice honda 3 wheelers and such in great condition going for 500 and under, so it's hard to stomach up toward 1k for something with a lawnmower type motor on it...

Last edited:
It is a hobby and I didnt make a dime on any of them. But they were fun to put together and to see the faces of the kids that bought them.

Good luck with your sell dude! Somebody wants that bike.

Man I have given away more bikes and engines than I have sold. Especially to kids. I'm a HUGE sucker for deserving kids. I will sell anything in my garage.... Only to free up money to buy more minis/parts. Build, ride, and trade.

Good luck with your sell dude! Somebody wants that bike.

Man I have given away more bikes and engines than I have sold. Especially to kids. I'm a HUGE sucker for deserving kids. I will sell anything in my garage.... Only to free up money to buy more minis/parts. Build, ride, and trade.
I know what you mean..it makes it fun to do and helps the future generations of mini bikers. :thumbsup:

Joe dont give up that fast just because some of us thought you were asking to high a price for the bike doesnt mean you should not continue to try and get the price out of it nor does it mean you should throw the towel in and call it quits on fixing it i have numerous mini bikes here some run some dont hell some of them i cant figure out how to get running myself that doesnt mean i am going to give up nor does it mean i am going to give them away and i dont think you should either just my 2 cents :scooter:

Joe dont give up that fast just because some of us thought you were asking to high a price for the bike doesnt mean you should not continue to try and get the price out of it nor does it mean you should throw the towel in and call it quits on fixing it i have numerous mini bikes here some run some dont hell some of them i cant figure out how to get running myself that doesnt mean i am going to give up nor does it mean i am going to give them away and i dont think you should either just my 2 cents :scooter:
I agree, we were brutal and you already know I apologized. I think the frustration with getting it running is fueling your hasty decision, but it can be fixed and you've been given a great link to help you! Dont give the thing away, hell the parts are worth a small fortune sold seperately although I dont reccomend parting it out! Put it on Ebay and set a reserve of $350, but not before posting the VIN or serial numbers. Better yet use these numbers to authenticate what it is, then post the production numbers for proof and provide a link to back it up. That's how you get top dollar for a rare machine! I strongly urge you to stick with it, hell if you can get it running the price goes up! :thumbsup:

another idea is maybe you are just looking for a running mini to mess with maybe there is someone on here that is close to you that would consider trading you something in same condition and have you happy again :smile: i dont no if i completely agree about putting it on ebay in as in condition i mean without it running i think if i were going to put it on ebay i would part it out i think the tank you have alone should bring 2 bills or more i only ever seen 1 new tank sell before and it went for 600 if i rememeber right but again i think you have a neat z50 and there arent to many around in the chrome special i think you should ask more questions on here and get the thing to run keep in mind that it is a z50 motor so you dont need any special motor parts numerous years of the z50 parts will work for you if the stator is causing you the problem pick one up on here from someone or find one on ebay and just replace the whole thing that should help to solve some if not all the problem you are having now again this is just my 2 cents :scooter:

You can always set it to the side for now..and come back to it later after you learn more about the bike and parts availability. Cause once it's gone...it's gone. :blink:

this thing is driving me crazy. i want to fix it but don't know how. i can't get the key back in the keyway. i don't know if the flywheel is going on all the way either. i had it on not sure if it was on all the way and now i'm not getting no spark at all. before it was intermitten.

i thought i was going to get the thing running but its been one big giant hill clim

joe , the key way should have a flat side and a round side you want to put the round side onto the crank sometimes you have to file them down as they have a little nook preventing them from properly fitting in the crank due to be pryed out sometimes you have to lightly tap them into the crank as they are a tight fit ,i am not sure why you are having such a tough time with this they are normally really easy to put back on i wish i was there to see what was going on ,try what i suggested and see what happens if it doesnt work send a clear picture of the inside of the flywheel and also the key way maybe with a picture we can see what is going on and give some more help :scooter: