1ST MODEL of a TACO with hanging 820 engine a predecessor to TACO WITH HOT SAUCE

For Sale is what is the first model of a late 1964 or very early 1965 TACO with hanging WB 820 Power Bee engine. It preceeds the KING TACO and THE TACO WITH HOT SAUCE that is in the Steen's literature and timeline.
I have completely taken the bike apart, Straightened things that needed slight tweeking from use, found all original missing parts and with just a little massaging, this bike will need painting and reassembly to be one of two known of this model that never even made it into Steen's literature due to the location of the strange serial number (like the only other one known) with fixed welded jackshaft bearing mount collars and not sliding bering mount plates. The fixed jackshaft bearing collars ate like the very first gold frame TACOS produced.
the WB 820 has been completely rebuilt with compression release button installed to make this bike easier to pull start so you hand doesn't get yanked off, new Max Torque clutch with roller bearing and correct spring tension and shoes built especially for this bike by Jim Donovan owner of Max Torque, Correct WB air cleaner, new seat meticulously copied from the original which is also included, NOS Densfeld foot pegs, new grips, all new Martin sprockets and new Diamond chain, Original magnesium wheels with tapered roller bearings and dust seals, original rubber boots in excellent cond for front springs, new rear shock rubber bushings, short original gas tank in near perferct condidion, new tires and tubes and old double indian tires and tubes also included, original GEM muffler, etc.
This would be for the collector who wants the very first inspiration of the popular model TACO WITH HOT SAUCE.
I can't even imagine a 70 pound kid riding one of these back in the day, kinda like you or me in a John Force dragster today!
I have so many pictures this site cannot show the scope of what I have and have done so far so email me at cates0321@hotmail.com and get ready for your incoming mail to get jammed up.

I'm FIRM at $2800.00 plus shipping.
Thank you,
Mike Cates
(760) 473-6201 cell

Yes that's my local ad but bikes shown are not mine and just used as examples as mine is not assembled besides the totally rebuilt WB 820 engine.
Mine varies from pictures in stamping in the out of the ordinary place of serial number like the only other one known stamped the same way on the front edge of the top steering plate of the front forks. Also mine has the fixed jackshaft collars(not sliding adjustable plates on later bikes) and mine with fixed collars is like the very first Taco gold frame models produced.

Mike Cates, CA.
(760) 473-6201
cates0321@hotmail.com

Here are three pictures since this website won't take the fourth due to size of picture concerning what you guys want and I don't see "how" I can post the whole bike in these pictures too give you the whole thing. I have been clear as to emailing me for the whole enchalada of pictures and seems like the members who are complaining aren't emailing me and would rather take pot shots at my ad. If the powers to be on this site want to let these comments be known publically, as is what is apparent, so be it. I, and you all, know what a rare bike this is and will make a nice restoration which is nearly complete, that is "if" can lower your self esteem to actually getting your hands dirty, so email me or zip it.
Mike Cates

DSCN3999.JPG
DSCN4002.JPG
DSCN4066.JPG

Here is a link to my NEW CRAIGSLIST AD with as many pictures as I can post of MY MINIBIKE. I have informed them as to the flagging and they have record of the flagger and assure me my ad is correct in every way and will look for any continuing flagging and will call the next flag as harassament and use their legalities against the offender.
Wow, what a hassle when a few knuckleheads screw things up for the rest of you on this site.

REMEMBER, EMAIL ME IF YOU WANT PICTURES AS I DO NOT KNOW HOW TO MAKE THINGS ANY CLEARER.

Click on link below:
TACO MINIBIKE RARE HANGING ENGINE MODEL NEARLY DONE

I appreciate those of you that have emailed me or called and I have sent you many more pictues and details this morning.
Mike Cates, CA.
(760) 473-6201
cates0321@hotmail.;com

was just looking at your cl ad,and it occurs to me that you might have more success if you include a pic of a Complete version,
or hey even an advertisement brochure?
to inspire and show others what the bike will look like finished/or/survivor.
i do a lot of biz thru cl and read about a billion ads a day,and thats my first thought after scanning and rereading your ad.
hope this helps,cheers,Rob

ludicrous speed,
Thanks for the positive direction. I tried to post pictures on this site and also on craigslist but members complained on this thread, via PM to me and actually called me on the phone and were rude and crude. I guess some members got jealous of what I have and love to publically beat up on new members that join OldMiniBikes and are not monitored by the powers to be here.
The bike is still for sale and would be easy and a joy to complete as all the correct or original parts I have located and pufchased are there. it is rare as to being the only other one known with the strange serial number stamped on the thin front edge of the top fork steering plate. I can box and ship also.
I can send you pictures and would be glad to talk with someone appreciating just how rare this bike is.

Mike Cates, CA.
cates0321@hotmail.com

Last edited:
I've got family in Reno and will be coming to Reno sometime to help a friend sell a house there. Will bring the minibike and will now definitely look you up concerning your recent action to my craigslist ad.

Last edited: