1st Post 1st build

Hey everyone just wanted to post what I got going on tonight! Late-night post on a project I have been working on, so far so good I had a problem with it kickin the chain before!:no:I think have fixed it!! Posted two pics so far let me know what y'all think. I think I got the chain alignment fixed plz critique, all help is welcome

Attachments

Last edited:
Welcome. This is a great site. Looks like a fine project. There should be a special prize for people who attach photos to their first post. That almost never happens.

Good job on posting the photos in your first post. Critique: Your chain is not aligned, and as it is, the chain will smack your frame.

Since you have limited space to move the rear wheel, you might consider cutting off the axle tabs and moving them down a bit where the frame is wider, giving you some room to move it. This will raise the rear of the bike, but not so much that it would make it look and ride too bad. Or use thicker, larger tabs, and move them to the outboard section of the frame.

The options are limitless, as it appears you are able to do some welding and fabrication.

Or do nothing, spray paint it, and have fun and see how it all works together, and deal with it later! :thumbsup:

Thank you everyone!! Yea it's all new!! Having fun so far, didn't realize how fast the time can go by when working on these things:hammer:.
Dave thanks for the critique I got about .25in clearance from the chain to the frame after the pic I was still messing with it. That should be enough right??? Will keep posting on progress! IMG_1273.JPG

Last edited:
Its just about impossible to align sprockets with the chain on the bike. Thats alot of tire for that little frame. They look great like that very nice

Interesting. If it was me I would use a 12 with the 60. Did you use the 14 on purpose to help prevent wheeling?
It's just what came with the torque converter, I'm running a #41 chain the other was for a #35 and I think it's 13 tooth. I have been looking in to going with a lesser count, wanted to do a 10 tooth but I think my be a little to far. I'm new to all this and your suggestion definitely helps I'll go with a 12 and see how it works out!! Thank you