1st project

I am going to start a mini bike build, my first one. Can anyone recommend a kit? It will be for me (adult, but I don’t mind a smaller bike for my first build). I want to use a Predator 212cc or a 301cc (if it fits). Should I use a clutch for my first build? Or use a torque converter kit? I like the Bad Dog balloon wheel kits, but I don’t own a pickup to move it around. Basically, any advice or suggestions will be appreciated. Thanks.

OldMiniBikes Warehouse sells an Azusa kit (others do too). It is a great kit to learn on and actually stands at a decent height for an adult. A Predator 212 fits nicely and they also accept various wheel sizes.

Hey Pat, that is a sharp looking bike. I agree with you on the Azusa kit. I have never built one, but the company is long standing, and everything is made to fit. Plus the knowledge base is out there for the first time builder.

I am going to start a mini bike build, my first one. Can anyone recommend a kit? .
OP

This is a great site for info. As mentioned OldMiniBikes.com will have a bunch of stuff to chose from including the kit noted. You can also check out Classifieds for parts, a roller or just a frame and "roll your own"

I just finished a refresh on a 69 CAT I have had for many years that was left in the shed after the kids left home to rot. This site was very helpful on answering a few ?'s along the way and to advise on where I could find a part.

Pic of the bike after refresh. I made some rear brackets to support the seat moved back for "grown ups" :)