2 part eastwood clear coat??

I used 2k spray can clear on some polished aluminum motorcycle engine cases. It worked well. As for applying it over Rust-Oleum, well, just be sure to carefully read the directions on both products. Sometimes you can get an adverse reaction when combining different paints. Also, follow the Eastwood safety directions to the letter. If it says to use a specific type of respirator, then use that exact item. Do not think that a dust mask or holding your breath will be sufficient. Your health depends on it.

Using the same Rustoeum, do a test first on something other than your rims. As Tom stated your COULD get an adverse reaction and ruin the paint job on those rims.
Michael

I ended up with the 2k...not sure how that happened, I ordered Eastwood from summit and 2k showed up.

I have other parts that I will test on. I do have a respirator, after all is said and done I should have just learned to use a spray gun!

I ended up with the 2k...not sure how that happened, I ordered Eastwood from summit and 2k showed up.

I have other parts that I will test on. I do have a respirator, after all is said and done I should have just learned to use a spray gun!

I agree more like I should have just invested in a spray gun and tank cuss some of my minibike paint jobs on just the frame alone I've got over 100 bucks into them with self-etching primers then base coat then the clear with flake in it and then you have the 2k clear. normally i buy about 4 cans of each and still need extra on some. but damn it if they don't come out looking amazing as long as you take the time and prep them right. I can't stress that enough. i strip mine all the way down to bare metal clean and degrease everything then use the self-etching primer and so on.

Lizardking

Powder coated is the way to go for keepers or for high resale value. Beaters or quick sales get rattle can.

You can learn and invest in powder coating at home on a budget making your own oven from an electric stove. Plenty of videos on YouTube.
The chip and scratch resistance of powder coating wins me over.

Fourtogo

Any input on this? Im doing a CT 70 and I just need to do the rims , it would be going over rust oleum that is for sure fully dry . If im rite I would just scotch brite the paint ...then clear coat it. thanks

https://www.eastwood.com/ew-2k-aero...kedid=496791272781&wickedsource=google&wv=3.1
VHT Ford Argent Sliver is real close to factor color and finish . If their not rusty , scotch bright them good 4-6 coats . The finish isn’t flat of to shinny , I read a guys bought arm load different types of sliver . And started spraying it out to compare them . He thought the VHT Argent was the ticket . Stock CT didn’t have a shinny finish on rims I used the VHT Argent spray bombs. My head light bucket came this color . after a auto car painter guy said yeah no problem to match it .

Attachments

I finally used the clear coat...turns out it wasn't eastwood but 2k clear coat. I will have to say it turned out as good as I hoped if not better! 1 rim 1/2 has about 2 inch spot that the 3rd coat wasn't put on wet enough. Im hoping I can polish that out.

I still thing I need to learn to use a sprayer.