2012 OldMiniBikes Open Class BBO "need 4 speed" powerdyne

i have a old powerdyne that i was planning on restoring, but now i think im going to try and cram an old rotax snomobile engine into. this may be suicidal, but i have to see if i can get this thing to hall some major :censure:!!!!!!

im hopeing i can cram this thing in the frame, i may need to do alot of fab work to get it done. but yeah i hope it works ima have to put some good brakes on it!!!! i am open to any suggestions since ive never done this with any other engines other than minis.

well got to thinking about the color scheme today and its a toss up of pumkin orange and blue or, posssibly my favorite nfl team white and green for the ny jets. what to do, what to do....:shrug:

If that engine came out of a sled be sure to check your jetting or you will burn that thing up quick riding in hot weather. Freeair sled motors dont like warm weather unless jetted for it. This is going to be a fun one to watch. Alot of motor for that little bike!

If that engine came out of a sled be sure to check your jetting or you will burn that thing up quick riding in hot weather. Freeair sled motors dont like warm weather unless jetted for it. This is going to be a fun one to watch. Alot of motor for that little bike!

hmmmm never thought of that little fact. like i said this is all new to me(as far as the sled motor). yeah im not sure if i can pull this off but the build should be fun and if it does work im sure the ride will be intense!!

Just thought id mention it. would hate for you to go through all the work to burn it up. I know sled motors are used in all sorts of machines made in backyards across the USA. If setup right they can be dependable and outright narly on a cart or other machine. Alot of the time though you see these homemade machines dead on the side of a shed or in the back 40. I wouldnt reccomend to anyone to just drop a sled motor into to something and run it without looking into the jetting. It will run, may last for alittle while, but its a ticking time bomb waiting to blow at anytime.

none the less i think what you are trying to do is awesome. Sure is a big undertaking to fit that motor in that bike. Food for thought.......ever thing about turning it into a trike? that should give you plenty of room and would be bad ass.

And yes if you are running a tilly then you have the ability to adjust your settings. a mikuni on the other hand.........you bet get the right jets!

P.S. That cart is awesome!!!!! nicely done!!!!!! she must rip pretty good!

Just thought id mention it. would hate for you to go through all the work to burn it up. I know sled motors are used in all sorts of machines made in backyards across the USA. If setup right they can be dependable and outright narly on a cart or other machine. Alot of the time though you see these homemade machines dead on the side of a shed or in the back 40. I wouldnt reccomend to anyone to just drop a sled motor into to something and run it without looking into the jetting. It will run, may last for alittle while, but its a ticking time bomb waiting to blow at anytime.

none the less i think what you are trying to do is awesome. Sure is a big undertaking to fit that motor in that bike. Food for thought.......ever thing about turning it into a trike? that should give you plenty of room and would be bad ass.

And yes if you are running a tilly then you have the ability to adjust your settings. a mikuni on the other hand.........you bet get the right jets!

P.S. That cart is awesome!!!!! nicely done!!!!!! she must rip pretty good!
70 MPH and it gets there right now.

i have a old powerdyne that i was planning on restoring, but now i think im going to try and cram an old rotax snomobile engine into. this may be suicidal, but i have to see if i can get this thing to hall some major :censure:!!!!!!
Just so you know,you can run this engine with the piston facing forward.That way the exhaust can be run under the frame.You can tell I thought about doing this too.The carb has a built in fuel pump,and the hose barb coming out the side of the carb is a return fuel line to the gas tank.

that is alot of good info rocco thanks!!! i think im gonna need alot of tips and help on this build as ive never worked on a snomobile motor before. first things first i need to get it running!! it does have compression but the pull start is very tight. any suggestions?

well project is going slower than i thought due to lack of funds, but i still plan on trying to get it done by the deadline :thumbsup: