2015 Build-Off entry Bird "Furry" JFF

Status
Not open for further replies.
This morning, I didn't even know there was a build-off...giddy-up.
I am fumbling around with uploading pix...not accustomed to the format.

Bird Duck Build-Off 003.JPG

Bird Duck Build-Off 004.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't think it is a Bird Duck, I think it is a Bird Fury based off of the back of the frame. Ducks all slope down like Larks. Great bike to build either way.

Last edited:
I don't think it is a Bird Duck, I think it is a Bird Fury based off of the back of the frame. Ducks all slope down like Larks. Great bike to build either way.

Great eye dobber ! !:oops:
Subtle difference combined with newbie status = guessing.
Now, if only I knew how to edit the thread title.
Bird FURY sounds so much more exciting than DUCK anyway.

I did not make the Feb 15th deadline for update pix...:mad:
Guess my heart wasn't really in it, and my garage door is frozen shut by 2 inches of sleet, ice, freezing rain, and snow.
Maybe next year....:rockon:

Mike, what are you gonna do with that seat? I'm dying to find a cool serape blanket to use as a seat cover, but I don't want to spend a fortune on it. I"m hoping to find an old blanket, pancho, or seat cover that I can cut up and use for mine. I've got a frame that is almost exactly like yours. I've been too focused on my Fox to hit the Bird. It'll be soon, though. Let me know if you're gonna pitch that old cover.

Mike, what are you gonna do with that seat? I'm dying to find a cool serape blanket to use as a seat cover, but I don't want to spend a fortune on it. I"m hoping to find an old blanket, pancho, or seat cover that I can cut up and use for mine. I've got a frame that is almost exactly like yours. I've been too focused on my Fox to hit the Bird. It'll be soon, though. Let me know if you're gonna pitch that old cover.
The cover is far beyond usable David...not even worth the postage.
The pix do not show the condition of that cover, but it is junk.
I would like to buy a new seat.
The foam under this cover is clearly not the density it should be.
Probably an old couch cushion.
Not sure if the seat-pan is original...I will be getting into the build soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.