2015 Build off entry: Mac Frijole Scratch Build

Status
Not open for further replies.

CarPlayLB

Whew! That was a close call! So glad you are back!

I am a little pissed at you though. You're one of those guys that is possibly retired, meaning you have lots of time to work on this...without going to work everyday....and then you have the nerve (and the skills!) to not have to do everything twice (or 3 or 12 times in my case!) and you make quick progress...no shame in that!...but still pisses me off! (as I am very skillset limited!)

Again, thank you for seeing through this...I am sure we can all learn some new tricks from you!

I so understand not having free time to pursue your hobbies when you are working so hard to make a living. Just hang in there and if you need any advice please feel free to PM me. Rich

The frame is close, next is weld on the jack shaft mounts, kick stand mount, tune up the welding. I will also braze on the sprocket spacers, tig up the gas tank, build the kick stand and weld the miscellaneous brackets to the frame.
Rick,

Since you brought it up. I'm interested in the tool you used to crimp the tubing could you send some pics?

Thanks

I will post some pics when I get this camera/photo thing figured out. The die is so simple you will love it. I tried loading some pics earlier this evening and I'm not having very good luck. I loaded some pics of my seat last night so I will share them. Be patient with me I'll get it figured out.

There is a thread around here where someone showed how they crimped the tubing with a press. Someone will link it up for you.

HRRicky, you're a bad a&$!

I cant text, poor social skills, computer illiterate, I don't buy anything unless its broken, obsessive compulsive, old, smoke, swear, fart, poor judgement, snore, need I go on.

T-Town Mini

...to my knowledge this is an unproven concept, using a 1/2 worn out chainsaw engine to power a Mini Bike...
I've heard about it being done in karting back in the day but never seen it done. I saw some video recently of a guy that had a duel engine kart using Lawn-Boy 2-cycle engines horizontally oriented...sounded awesome, too.

With that huge collection of Macs you have on the shelf I'd say you're the man to pull off a successful conversion of one of their chainsaw engines to power a mini bike. :smile:

Last edited:
The foot pegs I chose for the scoot are actually rear flip up pegs I found on Ebay for $5. After installation they protrude
4" and I believe the original rigid pegs are around 3". I might trim them off in the final stages of rough assembly. The mounting tab should be 5/16 X 1" flat bar however I had some 3/8 and ground it down (messy). The tabs mount at approximately a 45 deg angle.

The fuel tank is complete, its 3" thin wall tubing, fuel bung from OldMiniBikes and Ebay for the cap. Next I'll try a number plate because I don't
want to clean all my welds up.

Status
Not open for further replies.