2015 Build off entry: Mac Frijole Scratch Build

Status
Not open for further replies.

The frame is close, next is weld on the jack shaft mounts, kick stand mount, tune up the welding. I will also braze on the sprocket spacers, tig up the gas tank, build the kick stand and weld the miscellaneous brackets to the frame.

My shop is a total disaster, so pics later. I am crimping the tube ends with the large Harbor freight press. The press came with some plates that have the round cut out. I had a lazier shop build my Lil Indian fork end dies but I didn't think they would look correct. Pics are of the jack-shaft mounts and kick stand. The pin for the spring is a rivet. I drilled the leg and brazed it in. I think there is more time in the kickstand than the frame.

I would love to see the plates that you squeezed the fork tubes with. I just made some from scrap iron. Especially if you bought them at harbor freight:thumbsup:

Just wanted to share my jack shaft/ band brake idea I put together last night. This will be my last post on OldMiniBikes as someone has accused me of cheating. At 66 years old I find this very insulting. Good luck to you all.

CarPlayLB

Awww Man...so sorry to hear that! The engineering here is fantastic. The simplicity of the clutch brake is over the top. Please reconsider

Status
Not open for further replies.