2015 mttw , drift trike

Well seeing videos of these things gave me the itch ! Tube frame from scratch , 20" bmx front end , lightly modded Predator , color scheme and seat style still undecided !

wb4rt

Chipper - great project. I'll be watching.

I want to build one, too. I have the 20" bike front end already cut down but I am trying to identify the right tires and wheels to fit the 10" pvc. Could you post some details on the wheels and tires, specifically the part numbers if available so I can order.

Also, I'm interested in what size axle you are using - 1" x 40" or ?

New Project

My buddy built this in two days. He's added a few other things to it since the photo was taken. I can't wait to see where your project goes. I may be building one with a 20" front wheel as well.

Attachments

My buddy built this in two days. He's added a few other things to it since the photo was taken. I can't wait to see where your project goes. I may be building one with a 20" front wheel as well.
Pretty much what we are going to do , going to keep it really simple ,you guys have to see this video , google or you tube Officer Dan drift trike ! I like the fat 26" front wheel but hard to find cheap , I paid $10 for the whole 20" bike so that's how this first one is going !

Chipper - great project. I'll be watching.

I want to build one, too. I have the 20" bike front end already cut down but I am trying to identify the right tires and wheels to fit the 10" pvc. Could you post some details on the wheels and tires, specifically the part numbers if available so I can order.

Also, I'm interested in what size axle you are using - 1" x 40" or ?
I bought the wheels ,tires and PVC from Modernline Drift Trikes , tires are4.5/10.0-5 used race kart tires , new polished kart wheels and the PVC sleeves , it was around $150 with shipping ! I may want a longer axle ,I'm gonna build the frame based on 36" and can always get a longer axle if needed !

My son and his buddy just built one...they look like a ton of fun !
Hey Eric , did they center the engine or offset to one side ? This really my only question , pros/cons to center mount vs offset ? The $2000 dollar ones have offset engine mount ? Thanks

Pretty much what we are going to do , going to keep it really simple ,you guys have to see this video , google or you tube Officer Dan drift trike ! I like the fat 26" front wheel but hard to find cheap , I paid $10 for the whole 20" bike so that's how this first one is going !
Yeah, he actually went in and bought a new bike just for the wheels. His dad is going to use the rear tire and turn it into a front wheel. The bike was about $200, so $100 per wheel, and they have a scrap frame! Ha! Most of the other stuff was left over kart stuff, and they bought 6 or 8 motors off of a local guy for $10 a piece. I'm gonna forward him the link to your build thread. He'll love it!

Yeah, he actually went in and bought a new bike just for the wheels. His dad is going to use the rear tire and turn it into a front wheel. The bike was about $200, so $100 per wheel, and they have a scrap frame! Ha! Most of the other stuff was left over kart stuff, and they bought 6 or 8 motors off of a local guy for $10 a piece. I'm gonna forward him the link to your build thread. He'll love it!
Cool, thought about that I found a new Mongoose Dolomite bike , 26" with front and rear disk but they are $250 at Academy ?

Hey Eric , did they center the engine or offset to one side ? This really my only question , pros/cons to center mount vs offset ? The $2000 dollar ones have offset engine mount ? Thanks
They centered it behind the seat. PM me If I can help !