2015 OldMiniBikes Build-Off Classes and Rules

I am really considering an entry this year. I have a Bird that will be JFF. I also have a few projects that I'd like to tackle, but I'm not sure I'll get them done. I've been working on the Bird since...I'm not going to say. I know for a fact that I'm not bringing home any trophies. This whole experience will be JFF for me. I may enter a scratch built mini, but I haven't decided yet. I bought the steel for it. I'm scrounging for some wheels. I want it to be perfect, and I'm working with a limited budget, so a time crunch may push me in a direction I don't want to do. This may seem silly, but my life-long dream is to enter into this contest. Not to compete, but to create and have fun. Thanks for putting it on again this year!

I've got some buddies that may start a build with me. Our goal is to take a small fleet of minis and other motorized toys to the Portland, IN show in July. Should be fun! My buddy and I started a drift trike on Monday. He sent me a video of it 90% done on Tuesday. I hope he'll be taking it with him to Portland. I may end up with a drift trike if I get bored. Maybe that will be a possible entry. I've got a lot do think about in the next couple of days!

I am good with the rules and set up. And for the record...I DO LIKE TROPHIES. Just wanted to clear that up:laugh:. And if Don accepts my apology for my ill worded attempt at support earlier on:bowdown:...I would like to do the JFF class myself.:thumbsup:

hey dave, I guess we can enter something that is 80% done already and win a trophy

not a fan of the JFF class......wish I didn't even start it :facepalm:

not a fan of giving trophies

have fun modding it don :anon.sml:

we're staying out of it this year
It's too bad there is no support for the new volenteers. This is suspose to be fun...

Entry post thread is up.

Cheezy, we are good. In fact, you are a big part of why I brought JFF back. I want those that started a Build-Off to be able to finish their builds in a Build-Off.

Sorry to hear that Yoop.

I brought the idea of trophies back because I thought it went well two years ago when we did them. Don't want one, that's fine, we can give it to someone that does.

And on that note, I am going to pay shipping for the trophies to the winners of each class.

Last edited:
Entry post thread is up.

Cheezy, we are good. In fact, you are a big part of why I brought JFF back. I want those that started a Build-Off to be able to finish their builds in a Build-Off.

Sorry to hear that Yoop.

I brought the idea of trophies back because I thought it went well two years ago when we did them. Don't want one, that's fine, we can give it to someone that does.

And on that note, I am going to pay shipping for the trophies to the winners.
Don I appreciate all the hard work!! Looking forward to that build off. Let me know if I can help.

OMG, I wish I could play this year. I'm not a single man though and I have family nagging the hell out of me to get the other stuff done, Just got well enough to get my parts together. I think i will have to sit back and watch you guys go to town on yours since my Super broncs on the back burner in all these projects. I will be cheering on my faves though for sure, the guys that helped me get all this stuff together!

ok
i just now found this i am on the process of modding up my doodlebug i only have a week into it with all the holidays it a little slow at the shop
so far i chopped the frame up and made my own front end and top bar and used my xmas bonus to buy a hf 212 its still sitting on the bench waiting on ups 122.JPG

bikebudy

Banned - Must pay $500
Hello, Did I disqualify myself from the Scratch Built class

Must be a 2 wheel minibike.
Cannot use a factory made frame, except kits that require the frame to be welded together.
Any engine, drivetrain, etc.

By Painting my Tank early this past summer???

I was going to enter the " Sno Engine Powered Mini Drag Bike " in this class as all it is, is parts.
I still need to build a frame and everything for it. I'm still waiting on the final parts too.

bikebudy

Banned - Must pay $500
Thanks for the PM to my Question Don.

I will enter When I have a sign made and some photos taken.

The large item is Gloves , what is the smaller item ?

my billet flywheel is on the way but i think i should have got a rod first. need to take it apart and finish welding the mounting plate that i made (cause i can and i'm broke).also panning on a dynocam and valve train upgrade haven't decided on whether to buy the big valves and install them or buy a head that's already done

rmm727

Hello, Did I disqualify myself from the Scratch Built class

Must be a 2 wheel minibike.
Cannot use a factory made frame, except kits that require the frame to be welded together.
Any engine, drivetrain, etc.

By Painting my Tank early this past summer???

I was going to enter the " Sno Engine Powered Mini Drag Bike " in this class as all it is, is parts.
I still need to build a frame and everything for it. I'm still waiting on the final parts too.
I think the rules could use a going over for next year. All I'm gonna say.