2015 OldMiniBikes Build-Off Classes and Rules

markus

Not sure my frame will arrive in time or not, but If it does I have plans to build a bike. Question is While it is a factory frame, it will be totally cut apart and basically only used for the bends, dimensions will be totally different, different engine plate, axle mounts, headtube, forks, etc.. ( I dont have bender)......so would it be a scratch build :shrug:

capguncowboy

Not sure my frame will arrive in time or not, but If it does I have plans to build a bike. Question is While it is a factory frame, it will be totally cut apart and basically only used for the bends, dimensions will be totally different, different engine plate, axle mounts, headtube, forks, etc.. ( I dont have bender)......so would it be a scratch build :shrug:
I was wondering when you'd be entering a bike. I hope you get it entered in time. Your builds are quite entertaining/inspiring

Don , In the vintage class does a vintage build require a authentic color... or can you paint It what ever ????
The premis of Vintage is a restoration. As such it should be a color that was available originally on the bike, or some shade of it. No flourescents, etc. I can see using a Bonanza color on a Bird, etc.... This class is less about the color and much more about it looking like the bike would have been available at a dealer back in the day.

Does that clear it up?

Plum Crazy Purple ? or a Pearl Green ..darker color no Neon ? I don't know all the EZ Rider colors ..I have looked in the photo section but most are all painted dark dark colors. Help ?!?!

This bike was a Gold color...but I can't do that to a bike !:laugh:

Last edited:

capguncowboy

Was it more this color Eric?

If so, it might be the ugliest shade of gold I've ever seen. I think it's correct color name is Golden-Turd-Brown (ass-au brown?) :laugh:

wb4rt

Don,

Can you clarify the rule about posting before the 15th of each month?

Does that mean 1 photo between the 16th of one month and the 15th of the next? Example Jan 16 - Feb 15?

Or does that mean 1 photo between the 1st of the month and the 15th of the same month? Example Feb 1 - Feb 15th?

Thank you for hosting and modding this event. I am enjoying building my entry!

You don't have to post a photo. If nothing was done, just post saying so to keep the thread alive.

Post that you looked at it, and didn't have time to work on it, etc.

Seriously though, last I looked there were a few builds with nothing since early January. Those are the ones I am worried about.

The OP(builder) should post between the 1st and 15th of the current month. I can work with you, but you have to let me know.

I am only modding this. Hent is the host. Thank him for putting up with our shenanigans.

One other thing, pics.

It seems pics uploaded directly from some devices are stuck at the size they are uploaded.

Please try to upsize the pics so they show better on your posts.

I don't know for sure if this is an Ipad or phone thing, but when your post pic link says "Attach", it will be uneditable and probably small.

One more rule change:

For your final pics, you can forego the fork/glove.

Sometime before June 1, post your starting pic, your completed bike, and your video in one post in your thread. These posts will be linked in the voting thread.

Make sure this post is the final completion one, no more parts added, changed, painted, etc.

Now get back to work. :hammer:

Last edited:
I logged in to post my final pics and a video that we shot today. Its seems I let my thread time out and it was closed. So the doodle bomb and I are out of it I guess.
I finished the bike to early....had nothing to report so I was just watching and waiting until we got to the final pics phase.

Good luck to the remaining entries....I'll work on my timing for next year :>)

capguncowboy

I logged in to post my final pics and a video that we shot today. Its seems I let my thread time out and it was closed. So the doodle bomb and I are out of it I guess.
I finished the bike to early....had nothing to report so I was just watching and waiting until we got to the final pics phase.

Good luck to the remaining entries....I'll work on my timing for next year :>)
That's too bad. I love that bike, and you should be proud of it, even if it was disqualified. Thanks for sharing it with us.