2015 OldMiniBikes Build-Off Bird JFF

Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay, so I bought this last year after watching you guys build some great bikes for the build off. It then sat in my garage and didn't get finished. It does have a custom front end (thanks to my brother-in-law), and I threw on some really ugly zbars that I welded. I can't wait to show you my welds. I have what it takes to finish it. I don't think I'll end up using the old DB motor, but I may. I have two old tecumseh engines that need a home. One is complete, and the other isn't. I've always dreamed of participating in the build off. I hope this will motivate me to finish this soon.

It's too cold in my garage to really tackle this. It's also full of projects that are in various states of completion. I'll get more pics up soon. I just had to beat the deadline.

Attachments

Thanks, Buckeye. I'm looking forward to it. I told my wife this is the one thing I wanted to do in 2015. I know, that sounds pitiful. Now I only hope I can finish it.

I've been working on my Fox, and I've sort of neglected this little guy. I did get a new set of handlebar risers in the mail last week. I'll try to get to the seat soon. This shouldn't take long to finish up and paint. I'll update it as I go, but for now, there has been more progress on the other build.

Update! I got the kickstand welded on today. I also added some risers from my Harley and shortened the bars up a bit (I took 3" off of each end). I think it looks way better. I'll post up pics soon. I'm thinking of sticking a different motor on there and running the primary chain to the jackshaft outside of the frame. I'm not sure if that makes sense, but I want to center up the motor and swap the chain to the other side of the rear wheel. I think the current setup will make using the brake more difficult.

April post- I dont think this one is going to be finished in time. I am going to Robb parts from this to finish the other build-off bike I have. This frame is possibly going to be stretched about 10". Who knows, maybe I'll come into a large sum of money and finish it, but it's not looking good for the Bird.

Status
Not open for further replies.