2015 OldMiniBikes Buildoff. Bobby G's 71" Black Widow Vintage

Late entry for my 71' Rupp Black Widow. Lots of parts to find and Refurbish. But it is a matching Nos. bike with the 201 Seat ID tag and original sales receipt so it deserves being done right. Not sure if I'll make the deadline. Giod luck Everyone!

Last edited by a moderator:
Welcome to OldMiniBikes and the build-off. I'm glad you figured out how to post the photo:thumbsup: There is usually a pretty lot of Rupp parts floating around. Good luck with your build:thumbsup:

Update on the Black Widow.. Not a lot to show visually except for some new parts, Decals, Kill Switch, Seat foam, exhaust. Front struts and front fender Buffed out to perfect. Frame is at sandblaster, Hubs and rims at California Chrome. Motor and Dellorto being torn down and rebuilt by one of the best Tecumseh guys in the Northeast, 802 Dogger up in Vermont. Hope to have the Frame and tins painted by next month.

Update on the Rupp. Got the Chrome back from California. Looks amazing. Frame has been blasted. I should be spraying this week if I get the booth set up. I have almost everything I need for assembly except some odds n' ends and matching tires. I have one nice motocross tire but need one more otherwise will have to go aftermarket. Original motor still being rebuilt. I will try to post some pics in a few weeks.

Black Widow Update.... Pretty darn happy with the paint. Forgot what a bitch black is. So far to this stage everything going together without a hitch. Still need to lace the rear wheel and mount the new tires. To do list is getting short. Still need to finish brake assemblies and replate sprocket. Motor still out being rebuilt. Should finish ahead of schedule. 024.JPG 025.JPG 021.JPG 003.JPG

Thanks guys! Seat cover and almost all other parts I needed came from Jim at Black Widow Motorsports. Tried a seat cover once from "Gumtwo" on ebay... Junk. I only deal with Jim now. Best parts and prices.

Update on the Black Widow. Going to the wire. My Motor should be back on Monday. Everything else is done and ready for assembly. Brakes and Sprocket refinished, wheels laced and tires mounted as you can see. I'm on Vaca next week so barring any issues it should be done and ready for a test flight by next weekend.