2019 gomas minibike massacre

Came in second to my buddy in our heat race. They rode the 3 and 4 wheelers against each other.
In the main my buddy’s kid came in first. My buddy second and me third. Kid weighs about a third of me and his father probably half what I do. So I’m claiming weight disadvantage...lol
I’m in the fluorescent yellow(always wear bright colors so you stick out in videos...)

By far the greatest all around race event there is. Between the music,the babes, the race.... it’s all worth the trip.

Such a blast, Randy thanks for your help with my broken forks. Cant wait for next year i may have to modernize my race bike, 1970 was a long time ago. Things break when they'r 50 years old. The Massacre was Great.

Attachments

Massacre, fwiw I hear and understand where you are coming from, I have crashed a few times over the years and it's not always easy getting back on the horse. Hopefully next year, because this event is an absolute blast to attend, whether you are racing or not.

And Randy...just to connect dots...I'm the guy that drove you and your canopy out to your truck using Pat's golf cart

Here is my Go Pro footage of the first mini bike heat race. At the end of the day I came in Turd and my buddy Jon came in 1st Loser. Freaktown Racing! lol

Looks like it was an awesome time! Glad to hear everyone had fun!
Did they lower that huge plywood ramp? I swear it was as tall as the blue barrels last year?
Video footage is awesome you guys were flying!

Not sure if the ramp changed but it did seem a little easier to get over this year. They made up for that with that new woods section, which claimed a few bikes (and broke one guys ankle!)

Very happy with my bike build, and in particular that the Loctite didn't fail on me. That race is brutal on the bikes and body, I'm sore as hell today lol

I74

What's the length of that course,, am guessing a mile and a half or so ??
Also,,
what's up with the debris field ?

What's the length of that course,, am guessing a mile and a half or so ??
Also,,
what's up with the debris field ?
Each lap is almost exactly 1 mile, 3 laps per heat. Someone posted on FB that there were 140 bikes total, with the top 5 from each heat going to the final.

The debris field / boards & logs in a few section were all from Gurney's Saw Mill (scraps from sawing). Goma's mission was to make it more difficult than last year, slow the faster bikes down a bit, and basically break as many bikes as possible...a true Mini Bike MASSACRE is what he wanted lol. I'd say he got it, quite a few bikes didn't finish!

Noticed the pits were pretty muddy, I thought the whole track was going to be like that, but track looked pretty dry from the video. Couple spots but not too bad overall. Looked like there were tons of ppl there from the vehicles parked on the paved road.
Sorry to hear about the dude who broke an ankle, that sucks for sure I hope he gets better soon!

The debris field is likely just more obstacles, the guys who make the track definitely make it challenging, it’s no cake walk.
Force- I noticed you dumped it twice and got right back on, hope you weren’t hurt too bad.

Yeah, I was lined up with 2 guys I know and I wheelied up a bit and pulled left right into the back of my buddy and spun out. Then that 2nd time I cut that right hand corner by the crowd too high up (it's a bit of a hill) and it caught the foot peg and spun me out. That was a pretty common spot to crash.

No harm to me or the bike, although it did spike the adrenaline for a half lap each time lol

I heard there were ~700 people in total! The bands were killer too
Yup they always have great live bands.
I remember they had like a buffet a few years ago and it was prob the best food I ever had at that type of event.

I wish that in addition to the once a year “Massacre”, there could be a several times a year “Bludgeoning” lmao
Something a little more low key but a little more frequent. Get together once a month, ride the trails at our own pace that would be killer and I’d pay all day long, so worth it. I’m sure other would too.

*pipe dream*

Yeah, I was lined up with 2 guys I know and I wheelied up a bit and pulled left right into the back of my buddy and spun out. Then that 2nd time I cut that right hand corner by the crowd too high up (it's a bit of a hill) and it caught the foot peg and spun me out. That was a pretty common spot to crash.

No harm to me or the bike, although it did spike the adrenaline for a half lap each time lol
I am familiar with that hill
That explains it- I was like how did he spill there?
Made it through the entire course like champ

I74

Thanks man! Managed 3rd place in the final, which is really great because now my wife isn't so upset at all the money I spent on my bike lol
Yea,, I got one of those too ….. ''LOL''.....
She pretty much has a cow if I spend 10 bucks for parts on one of ours. :eek: