212cc preadator knock

I have a non hemi that has developed some type of knock. Before the knock i had a hard time setting valve lash, but eventually got it. Went out and did a full pass to test it out and came back with a slight knock. took the head and pull start off and turned engine over slowly by hand and it sounds like and knock coming from crank or rod. I heard the knock when piston is at the bottom of the stroke. Could it be the rod? Just want to get some info before I tear it down tomorrow.

Mods are:
Ungoverned
Mod2 cam
Etube .32 jet
26lbs springs
Gx160 head
1.3 rockers
2 degree timing key

Should I put lash caps on?

I have a non hemi that has developed some type of knock. Before the knock i had a hard time setting valve lash, but eventually got it. Went out and did a full pass to test it out and came back with a slight knock. took the head and pull start off and turned engine over slowly by hand and it sounds like and knock coming from crank or rod. I heard the knock when piston is at the bottom of the stroke. Could it be the rod? Just want to get some info before I tear it down tomorrow.

Mods are:
Ungoverned
Mod2 cam
Etube .32 jet
26lbs springs
Gx160 head
1.3 rockers
2 degree timing key

Should I put lash caps on?
Has it run well before?
Any issues with valve or camshaft clearance???

yes i forgot to put billet rod. but was running fine with stock head and as soon as i installed gx160 head and put my valves and springs in, i had a hard time setting valve lash. but once i got it right... now i hear a slight knock in the block.

Pull the side cover and inspect it and check clearances and rod torque...those factory rods don't hold so well once you get into the mods you are doing.
And did you fully remove the governor? Every part of it?

Valve train geometry is likely off. You are running a modified camshaft, 1.3 rockers , a different head, with heavier springs and no lash caps. Have you set your pushrods to to the right length for proper geometry?

Ok so drained oil and pulled side cover off and found shavings in oil. Then... there is a lot of play between crank gear and camshaft gear and it sounds exactly like the knock I heard before. What coukd be the prob?

Did you buy a NON hemi cam ???? Or did you buy a clone or hemi cam???
On the clone cams the bearing journal is smaller , which will be a little sloppy in a non hemi .

I know you have a mod2 cam , I read that . But do you have a MOD2 that's for a NON HEMI or a HEMI ??? They are a little different but close enough to bolt right in and not tell for awhile .