224 predator vs 212 ghost?

Any opinions? I know the ghost is new. Torque says the 224 is better. Any specs on the ghost? Will the 224 bolt in where the 212 came from? And can I use my TAV on it?
Thanks.

I see they also have a plastic cam gear. I guess if It needs a cam, may as well put a cam in it right?
Ratio roller rocker arms, and a billet rod and flywheel? Valve springs? There's $500 on the way.

SAS289

I see they also have a plastic cam gear. I guess if It needs a cam, may as well put a cam in it right?
Ratio roller rocker arms, and a billet rod and flywheel? Valve springs? There's $500 on the way.
Well yeah, this stuff costs money. I think I was around $400 or so including the engine. And I used Champion rockers, a $50 cam, and already had a flywheel. The mild built 224 should have a bit more power than the Ghost.

Last edited:

SAS289

If you're going to have the engine apart, do a flat top piston too if it doesn't come with one stock. They're pretty cheap and give you a small bump in compression.
No doubt. With the flat-top right at the deck and a .036" head gasket the CR calc says I'm at 9.7:1 compression. Not that impressive but much better than the stock CR without milling the head.