.22LR ammo question

Anymore if I want to buy something like a gun or ammo I just get in the car and enjoy the drive. When I was looking for my M&P Shield everywhere local wanted $499-$550 so I looked at the ad in Columbus and they had the same exact one for $349. Non of the local shops would even budge on there prices. At the same time they had the M&P 15-22 on sale for $399 compare to every one else's $499-$500 price
I googled and doing 260 miles/4 hours of driving is not worth saving a couple hundred bucks. Even just counting gas that would be $70 in my E55 or Durango. Time is money so you're not saving much at all by driving that far.

My roommate and I were at the local Big 5 back in mid-November looking for .22 ammo and they didn't have any. They were getting a few boxes a week and there were people waiting outside on delivery day for it. I also wanted some .44 mag, but they wanted $60 a box for it. hahahaha that for just shooting random bullshit in the desert.

got tired of looking for 22 ammo so for target shooting i have five .177 pellet rifles and pistols. a can of 250 pellets cost $1.99 at academy and i can shot till my hearts content in my backyard - even have a little range set up with spinners, paper targets and my favorite the plastic army guys. yeah if i was in kool -aid land no doubt swat would surround my house but i live in dixieland.

I think I will wait till the prices come down out of the stratosphere. I have two Henery 22 rifles and a Smith & Wesson auto pistol .
And friday a good customer gave me a never fired Rugar 10 - 22 so now I have 3 never fired rifles. So what's the rush LOL
Steve :scooter:

Local gun shop had a bunch of 500 round bulk packs this past week for $34 so I split one with my brother in law. They had a bunch of them there, $34 is no great deal but when you can't find it anywhere I guess it's not real bad.

Local gun shop had a bunch of 500 round bulk packs this past week for $34 so I split one with my brother in law. They had a bunch of them there, $34 is no great deal but when you can't find it anywhere I guess it's not real bad.

If it's a private deal, I'd offer $30 a brick & that I'd buy everything.

That's about as good as it's gonna get right now.

Kind of like .308 brass. Everyone's griping about what I'm having them pay for it, but if I get rid of it, I can't replace it for that price... especially considering my effort tumbling, washing, sizing & depriming it. Gotta pay to play.

T-Town Mini

Looks like he resurrected an old thread just to spam his website. :confused:

Anyway, Academy has lots of ammo in stock now...no more shortages...priced really low, too.

And that's why you can't find it. Folks around here are doing the same thing with all ammo. They wait at a local chain store for instance on Thursday morning, two hours before the store opens.

Then they line up at the gun counter and wait another two hours until the trucks are unloaded. (And argue about who was first)

Then they go and hang out in their garages and brag to their buddies about having XXX-thousand rounds of XXX ammo. And they'll sell it too, at a price.

Stocks aren't making it to the store inventories even.
Exactly, same at my Walmart. I have never seen 22lr on the shelf.