22mm mikuni carb cleaning

Yea they do that ,and more than likely it was unleaded with ethanol . That shit will mess up a carb quick , my 24 flat slide was fine news years and last Tuesday it was shit .
My dyno testing was the next day so had to clean her .
First thing pull the bowl off unscrew the main jet and also the piolet jet. pull the slide out , the little air screw . Then get some acetone and soak the carb body and jets in it for a few hours . After the jets soaks find some small wire unwrap it and take one of the strands and run it though the jets , be careful not to break the wire off in the jets .also take an air gun and blow out every hole you see in the carb
Put her back together and it should be good .
And this time try to find some 100 percent gas, it won't mess up like the other stuff will .
I would say try race gas but you have to have a lot of compression to run it . With just a hemi head you don't have enough compression and the motor would acctually run worse .
Good luck if you have any ??? Just ask .

Well I went an bought some Chem dip ...took carb apart soaked it blew it out with air compressor and still no starting....So I put new gas in An I'm not getting fuel delivery I think my walbro fuel pump is broke...or Needs cleaned i can See fuel meeting the pump But does not Come out the line to the carb! ..

Have you Gravity feed it for a test?
Yeah I tried gravity feeding an nothing...Maybe could be that the gas is old?

So i tore I back down put the carb back in the chem dip gunna go back threw an clean it Again..

Next time I try to start the motor ill use New gas Hopfully that will fix the problem.

Twid

Id go through the steps David wulf suggested double check every thing is clean and clear and use new fuel if you haven already.

maverick1

All of my bikes have Mikuni's on them. Gave me a fit until I purchased a ultrasonic heated cleaner from Harbor Freight. Have had
that thing for about 3 years now. Problems pretty much gone and these carbs have been sitting since the early 70's. I also use a torch tip cleaner which I got off eBay for about $5 to run thru the passages. The dip the parts house sells now is not worth a darn. Think all the environmental restrictions has diluted its usefulness.

Last edited: