24 spoke 10" wheel source???

markus

Anyone found any 24 spoke 10" wheels anywhere?????? This has got to be the biggest drawback to these stupid Rupps, the crappy ass wheels!!!!

I just got another set, they are ok, one will clean up enough that it will be very respectable, but it does have a coupe of flakes. The other...not so hot. Interesting thing is the one that will clean up better while it has the same Rupp hub, the wheel band is a hair different than the stock ones, and the chrome is wearing different than the stock (if that makes any sence) SO something somewhere at some point in time also had 24 spokes!!!

Not to mention I'm considering another mini cycle purchase, of course the thing has spoke wheels:doah: Might throw "original" out the window with it though and just buy some of those 28 spoke pit bike wheels off ebay for it though!

Last edited:

125ccCrazy

Anyone found any 24 spoke 10" wheels anywhere?????? This has got to be the biggest drawback to these stupid Rupps, the crappy ass wheels!!!!

I just got another set, they are ok, one will clean up enough that it will be very respectable, but it does have a coupe of flakes. The other...not so hot. Interesting thing is the one that will clean up better while it has the same Rupp hub, the wheel band is a hair different than the stock ones, and the chrome is wearing different than the stock (if that makes any sence) SO something somewhere at some point in time also had 24 spokes!!!

Not to mention I'm considering another mini cycle purchase, of course the thing has spoke wheels:doah: Might throw "original" out the window with it though and just buy some of those 28 spoke pit bike wheels off ebay for it though!
what about having the rims replated and relaced?? Not the cheapest fix but at least they will ne nice and new..

relacing wheels isn't that difficult. take it to a motorcycle shop and they should be able to do it for you. truing them is a bit of a bitch though.

Small change problem. Removing a 30 + year old tire of my Rupp Centaur trikes front 3:00 X 16 front wheel I bent the rusted rim I felt like I had been stabbed . I looked all over the net no one had a what was a Sun wheel. I found Brickwood Wire Wheel's they are in England but had a rep back in Mass and I had a custom Stainless Steel wheel made for me in England and laced and trued up to my Polished front brake hub with stainless spokes. Was it cheap no but the sucker won't rust LOL.
I know that Rupp used a lot of spoked wheels and they may have all been from Sun Rims I think they are still in business . Re chroming would be OK if your wheel is just rusty but never expect to find NOS that is 100% when they were made it was for sale to a child who did not have a eye for perfection just for jumping over the next hill and having fun
Steve :scooter:

I have some 10" wheels that might work. They are 28 spoke, but they are old school NOS complete with brakes and rear sprocket...

PM me if you are interested.

markus

I dug around the sun wheel site, lots of options, nothing smaller than 16" I'm afraid:doah: Maybe I'll try contacting them and see if they have any ideas. I dunno if all the Rupps used sun, I had some wheel bands that were sun at one time and they were different.

No website for the place in UK so I'll bug sun first and go from there.

And of course the price of the bands that sun does have, I may as well consider re-chroming so that always an option!

Zip, I may be interseted in those wheels, Not for the Rupp though, I just drove over to Orlando and picked up a new "fixer-upper" tonight:

Its a Premier beta moto (or something like that) Its got 28 spokes, brakes look alot like the ones in your pic, I'll have to take some measurments of the hole spacing of the sproket and go from there, as you can see I have not even taken it out of the van as It need to remain hidden from the Mrs for a little while :smile:

George, I can't make out the spoke count on the pic of your bike, The hub wont work for me, but if the band is 24 spoke and in good shape, I may be interested if your gonna buy the correct wheels for your bonanza.

The Sun 10" 24 wheels are hard to come by. They were on Arctic Cat, Coleman, Fox and early Rupps. The wheel hubs on all are slightly different but the rim is the same. From time to time there is a guy on Ebay by the name aof Road_King_Frank that has the blanks. You might check with Brandt (Ruppnitro-ridesagain) as he is the source for Rupp parts. You could also try Jim at Black Widow Motorsports. If you are not all that concerned about the 24 spoke, take Zipseattle up on his offer. Looks like the whole setup is there.