2hp Briggs, Restoration

Hi all, (sorry for all the threads :laugh:)

Really wanted to do a thread on my 2hp. It's taken me a little over one week, to disassemble, clean and paint. This is the 30 dollar engine I brought at a swapmeet. For memory is a 73, 60102. It has a vaccujet carb. The motor is a copper colour, which is funny because I have never seen a Copper coloured 2hp. Thoughts :confused:

The internals are mint, all the crank journals are perfect. The piston is alright, too.

The engine is painted with automotive paint, nnot VHT. There is not copper engine paint in my country :scared:

Anyway, I'm almost done. Waiting for my gaskets and seals to arrive. And just so you know, I'm only 14! :thumbsup: This is about my 4th engine.

Cheers,
Jackeo21

IMG_3481.JPG IMG_3482.JPG IMG_3483.JPG IMG_3484.JPG IMG_3489.JPG

I hope that cam didn't belong in the engine.
I have an edger that has a 2 or 3 HP Briggs. Looks a lot like yours. Never ceases to start. It was from 1968-70?

Thanks all. I'm hopefully going to run it today. I have owned a few 3hp's but the 2hp seem much more reliable and easy to start :thumbsup: This one had been sitting for a couple of years, but after cleaning up the points, she started 3rd pull. These vaccu-jet carbs are my new favourite! They are so simple :laugh: