3.0HP B&S Engine

I got this from my buddy, he heard I was looking for an engine for my soon to be mini bike project.
Can any one tell me if its worth it, what simple mods I can do to it? Or is it very rare and should sell it for big$$
It came off and old reel type lawn mover. It runs very well.
Thoughts?

thanks

Steve

Attachments

Last edited:

Broke Joke

Looks like a 1980's motor. On the side of the shroud there are three sets of numbers. The first five is the model (example 80202)
the last group... first two digits are the year.

I found one on the side of the road mounted on an edger. Cleaned carb half asked and it started right up and has been for over a year now. Honestly I don't think I would part with it. Mine is the newer style with on off and carb switch mounted on side. I have thought numerous times about trashing the edger as I have a new one. But can't bring myself to. Have since painted gloss black and cleaned nicely.

Harquebus

I found one on the side of the road mounted on an edger. Cleaned carb half asked and it started right up and has been for over a year now. Honestly I don't think I would part with it. Mine is the newer style with on off and carb switch mounted on side. I have thought numerous times about trashing the edger as I have a new one. But can't bring myself to. Have since painted gloss black and cleaned nicely.
Sounds like it is surging. Might need a real carb cleaning to fix that.