30 buck Gote got its workout today

old shed finds

Well a buddy stopped by and wanted to go shooting. .I said sure but lets put this bike in your truck. ...long story short me and him ran this bike 3 hours..
1st speed is amazing torque steep hills the bike will wheelie over...
2nd speed is ok at 10 to 25 MPH.
Bike burned 2 tanks of premium fuel and hung in there no breakdown. .
Its ugly but fun to ride in flats or steep as you dare..

Attachments

Harquebus

Why premium fuel?

Higher octane in a motor designed for 87 (or lower) is a waste.... unless you have a high compression ratio...

Nice bike. looks like you had fun!
I run regular in mine with additives so no problems with aluminum corrosion due to high alcohol content.

Why premium fuel?

Higher octane in a motor designed for 87 (or lower) is a waste.... unless you have a high compression ratio...
I'm not sure about the other states, but here in Oregon all of the fuel has alcohol in it except what is called Clear premium. Alcohol is slow death to most small engines. I have a lot of small engines at work and since switching over to clear fuel the carb related failures has dropped to less than half of what happened in years past.

Harquebus

Well I am a textbook, massacre so there you go.

And down here in the southeast where we have (arguably) the best gasoline or the best prices, we have 10% ethanol like nationwide but
we also have 100% gasoline in octane ratings as low as 87. So that's what I use. It's not called "premium". Premium is premium; the highest octane fuel sold at most gas stations, around 91+/-

Well I am a textbook, massacre so there you go.

And down here in the southeast where we have (arguably) the best gasoline or the best prices, we have 10% ethanol like nationwide but
we also have 100% gasoline in octane ratings as low as 87. So that's what I use. It's not called "premium". Premium is premium; the highest octane fuel sold at most gas stations, around 91+/-
Gotcha lol.
Seems like a geographical situation.
I run premium because it is the best option I have where I live. We have 3 options and I use the highest grade because I have had the best luck with it over time.
I don’t use it in all of my cars because of the point you brought up about running higher octane might be a waste, but in my small engines it seems to give better results.

Davis

We are very spoiled where I live. Just a block away sells 87 non ethanol and it works great other than the hot rods that need race fuel.

Harquebus

FYI, I use this site: https://www.pure-gas.org/

Use it and update or correct any out of date info if you like; there is that option.
Also, I read the note below on the main page--they also use the moniker "premium" to denote gasoline with 0% ethanol, aka Premium E0. So I guess I am in the wrong. I need to get with it!

Read the station comments carefully. The stations listed here vary in what sort of pure gas they offer: from the typical premium E0 to racing fuel supplied in cans. If you've got a long drive, give the station a call first to be sure they're still selling what you want. And please add a comment to the listing if you find out anything we should know!