30 hp heathkit boonie tractor trike update

KB2ROCKET

The next step is both difficult and costly
I am going to use a 44c duster torque converter setup and make a bolt on unit that is like the TAV30-2 units
(everything bolts to the engine! no vehical mounted jackshaft)
these torque converters aint cheap but they will handle the power plus give me the multi ratios I need for pulling stumps and cruizing

KB2ROCKET

thats a relief now that you understand me I no longer feel the pressure to produce anything. so what do you want to talk about next? :)

What does the rear end consist of? is it a transaxle kind of thing or is it just a straight axle with a sproket on it (differentiated or not is irrelevant)

oh i see the other pics now answered my question :) MAn that thing is gonna be crazy. You can probrobly even use it at tractor pulls if you wanted too :)

KB2ROCKET

hey kb is that the boonie you were going to put the 390 on what happened to that project did you ever get it going
That is the Honda GX390 on it originally this engine came from a generator that was left in a lock box at a construction site but the lid leaked and the box filled with rain water and so did the engine then it sat in my neigbors shed for a year then it was sold to me for almost nothing it was hell getting it all apart without damaging everything but I did it and of course removed the govenor and the low oil shut down switch the original crank was a metric unit with no keyway it was bigger tan 3/4 but smaller than 1" so I turned it down and shortened it and cut a keyway in it and drilled and tapped the end but in the end I ended up replacing it with a stock 1" crank I also cut off the gas tank mounting ears they looked ugly :)
then I called Bart at MMS (at that time) and he set me up with a performance cam springs and keepers and a modifyed gas carb / rings / valves / and robertsons sold me a header and I got a ARC rod for it then I fired it up and it ran pretty good and I was happy then several months later I got with Tom at ARC and he set me up with the very first billet flywheel he ever made for this engine and a briggs raptor coil then I sent the head to Mike Clements and he did many things to it and once again I was happy but then several months later I got the itch again and I sent the whole motor to Mike Clements to turn it into a open racing engine on methenol and truely I am not completely sure what all he has done to it. it sports a tillotsen carb and the rotating balancer has been removed Im sure it will kick butt now I just need a way to start it. I may try a onboard starter as the cam was custom welded with the compression release still installed
this engine has come a long way and externaly it looks like no big deal

KB2ROCKET

KB2 well I been knowing you for a good while now. You need to complete it, before you loose interests in it.
I may loose interest but I wont throw it away I have a lot of projects going all the time so when one gets boring for me I just work on a different one . I understand this is frustrating for some but for me working on something and planning something is where the enjoyment is finishing it is like the end of the party. sometimes I actualy finish things like my toucan wood carving lately I have been spending a lot of time carving a 1/8 scale tecumseh engine out of aluminum with a dremel tool
to sum it all up all this stuff is art to me

I don't care if he ever finishes a single thing he starts, but I do want him to get a better camera and take better pictures of this stuff. :hammer:

KB2ROCKET

LOL you know I sort of fancy my self as a photographer and I have a real nice camera
heres is the reason the pictures suck so bad I am on a webtv classic unit and the only easy way I have to get pictures on line is to use my cell phone camera then send it to my email then post it to a web site
the picture of the dual engine bike is REAL bad because it is a picture of a picture
I will try and make future picture posts more clear by using better lighting

65ShelbyClone

Wow, you still fare pretty well for not using a whole computer. And here I was shopping for KVM switches so I can parallel a couple of my PCs. :biggrin: Oh well, RAM for the laptop comes first. I'm a slave to these dumb boxes.....

You have any plans to put wheelie bars on that trike-tor you're building? My 600cc dirtbike came stock with 35hp.....and it's 280lbs w/o a rider.