340 salsbury series

Mine arrived today. First impressions it’s very nice. Excellent build quality and attention to detail. Fit and finish are very good. Once the weights and springs become available for more fine tuning it will be even better F1F17F38-77CB-4C5C-9FF4-17DEEBCDCF55.jpeg F068E985-46CB-4A96-8800-B6AC25F7AA39.jpeg BEC8B011-8C11-4352-90A6-EADBF1C5A441.jpeg BB02BFFD-95AC-49A3-980A-45FB659998DE.jpeg

Li'l Popeye

It's a marketing strategy. Once you have the customers coming to you, they might as well order other parts, too. They better lower their prices for international customers ;). I haven't pre-ordered the Juggs-thingy. First I'll keep playing with what I've got.
Recently my exhaust broke off. It was probably also tired of the vibrations. So when I saw this driver was in stock (no longer pre order) I ordered one. It arrived today and I'm curious to see how it will perform compared to the stock (chinese) driver.
I have never used a genuine Comet 30 series driver, but I was about to order one (better quality-less vibrations), untill I saw this unit. It was just $20 more expensive as the Comet 30 series driver.
I hope to get it tested this week. Depends on the weather over here.

I got one and put it on my CT200U bike and its very nice, has a very smooth engagement. I got to try it out just this past Sunday since we had some nice weather. It was an easy swap and it fits under the same cover so basically the bike just got a lot smoother. They are nice and worth the money in my opinion.

Davis

I got one and put it on my CT200U bike and its very nice, has a very smooth engagement. I got to try it out just this past Sunday since we had some nice weather. It was an easy swap and it fits under the same cover so basically the bike just got a lot smoother. They are nice and worth the money in my opinion.
Any idea of the belt width or is it adjustable?

delray

Yes guys, this new unit that go power sports is selling base on a 340 driver design,but uses a 30 series belt.
If you back and read on a real 340 unit you will see the slight differences they did to it. Its no high performance drag racing unit.,but alot better then the original 30 series design.

MJL

Any reports on how well it downshifts? My Comet downshift is sluggish, and occasionally sticks out right. I'd like to do more engine work, but don't think the Comet driver can handle any more. Our riding area amounts to a "short track" with a lot of acclerating and decelerating.

cfh

I installed a Juggernaut drive on bike with a series30 china clone set up and a Tecumseh HS50. It is indeed much smoother. Also I like the shifting RPM ranges better than the stock china series30 clone. Can you tune the juggernaut? not at this time. (but frankly it doesn't really need tuned for my situation.) Does it have an overdrive (like a china clone 30 does)? no. Does it fit under my existing custom torque converter cover? no. That's a lot of "no" for $90. But it does work well and i like it. But again a lot of money... How does the $90 compare to a china series30 drive after you buy aluminum weights and black springs... hmm getting close in dollar amounts...

delray

I will post these pictures even though this thread started out on the 340 salsbury. but a lot of you having been talking about the new Juggernaut drive on here. so here you go. I found this video on the Juggernaut and it may have a bad flaw. there was not much info why this part was cracking. my first guess would be it's just weak part area because of the bend in the metal or the part was loose and it hammer back and forth on the ears and crack?

I will post these pictures even though this thread started out on the 340 salsbury. but a lot of you having been talking about the new Juggernaut drive on here. so here you go. I found this video on the Juggernaut and it may have a bad flaw. there was not much info why this part was cracking. my first guess would be it's just weak part area because of the bend in the metal or the part was loose and it hammer back and forth on the ears and crack?

I’m going to check mine later today

yeah if you look at the design of the clutch all of the torque gets transferred through that plate with the three fingers. There will no doubt be a better plate design in the near future. I guess a you could beef up the one on the clutch too.

joshua. c.

these clutches are brand new so there hasn't been that much long term ware and tare on them to determine all the flaws yet. im sure over time all the issues will be ironed out but this cracking, if its not an isolated incidence, could be a major issue that needs to be addressed immediately, you wouldn't want one of those coiming apart at high rpms. anyone who has a juggernaut needs to keep an eye out for this.

Li'l Popeye

Looks like it's out of center.

joshua. c.

I'm still holding off from to buying a juggernaut because after what I've seen I'm not actually convinced that the juggernaut is actually better than a well tuned comet. yes it vibrates less but the rpm gains it claims appear to be from the lack of an overdrive which can be achieved with a comet by adding a spacer. and the top speed gains I've seen have only been within a few miles an hour of an un tuned comet. I'm willing to bet a comet with the overdrive spacer and a set of the lighter aluminum weights could beet or at least match a juggernaut.

the type of testing that could prove which is better would need to test the juggernaut against a stock genuine comet 20 and comet 30 then against Chinese copy's of both, then a well tuned comet 20 and 30 with the lighter weights and the 30 first having the lighter weights and an overdrive spacer and then without the spacer. and repeat all the tests with both 6 and 7 inch driven clutches and 3 different gearing's ( high, medium, low) for each set up. then throw in a run against a properly set up salsbury 340 racing edition just for good measure.
as far as the test bike they should use just 1 bike and it needs to be a fully built up big cam high rpm racing motor for best results and it should be fully broken in for best accuracy the testing it should be done on a long strait flat track, a drag strip type setup if at all possible. and the motor should be setup with a tachometer and top speed should be checked as well as time taken to go set distances you may encounter in a race or on the trail 50, 100, 150, 200 feet and so on. it might also be good to check these with several different riders with different weights from light to very heavy.

this may seem extreme but this would prove beyond a shadow of a doubt which setup is the best.

delray

save everybody the headaches of going through all that testing. I have been down that path before and it comes down to this.
jr dragster 340 salsbury is superior over all the units that josh had mentioned earlier. then the juggernaut would be some where in the middle of a jr dragster 340 salsbury and a comet 20 series then a 30.
lets just start with just couple basic things that a jr 340 has over the juggernaut has of date now. ton more of options when it comes to a stall set up's.
when using the billet pulley with the steel spline shaft parts don't break. lets just add little more about the billet aluminum pulley. you can easily use a standard billet flywheel or even a lite flywheel with a third bearing support and have no unwanted vibration. something you just can't do with the other units. personally still think the juggernaut is little on the heavy side and that's coming from them making the pulleys out of stamp steel and using big ass bolts and nuts to hold the rollers together. don't need that flying around at 7000 or 8000+ rpm's what the hell is with that? why did they use the big bolts and nuts. another poor design that could haunt them is the two flat spots they made like the comets had to hold the unit together. we all know what happens after a while it starts to get egg-shaped. think I wet over more then couple things so I will stop there.

You forgot to mention the nylon sliders in the driver as well as the multi splined drive instead of the 2 flats of the juggernaut.