356 OHV 5.5 tecumseh Cam in a HS50

joshua. c.

an ohh55 cam should fit in an hs50. iv just had 3 hs50 cams re ground and put one in an ohh55 and it runs grate. also the cam you get if you order a replacement for an hs50 cam is the same exact plastic cam the ohh55 uses. i found that out the hard way. the cam you posted a link to is a 356 lift cam which is alot of lift so you shoold check and make sure the valves don't strike the head before you run it. if they do you will need to clearence the head to fix that.

an ohh55 cam should fit in an hs50. iv just had 3 hs50 cams re ground and put one in an ohh55 and it runs grate. also the cam you get if you order a replacement for an hs50 cam is the same exact plastic cam the ohh55 uses. i found that out the hard way. the cam you posted a link to is a 356 lift cam which is alot of lift so you shoold check and make sure the valves don't strike the head before you run it. if they do you will need to clearence the head to fix that.
Maybe too much lift? Even with the lower lifting Isky cam, he recommends (and supplies) replacement springs. I wonder where coil bind occurs. There isn't a lot of meat on the bone as far as spring retainers and valve train support.

Some Isky Cam info in this thread: http://www.oldminibikes.com/forum/engines-and-modifications/90091-performance-tecumseh.html

Tecumseh power knows about cams, i just bought the 255 it's kind of like the 365 but, toned down. the 365 require helluva blocks work and beef cake internals. my 255 should in tomorrow i will TRY and compare it with my hs40 cam. and maybe i will/can take pics too.

i think these are the links,
This first link may not be an OHH cam but, it is a 245.
New Tecumseh Dyno Cams Camshaft 245 Go Kart Racing Parts U12 | eBay

Tecumseh Dyno Cams Camshafts 356 OHV 5 5 HP U2 Race Engine Karts | eBay

Tecumseh Dyno Cams Camshaft 255 OHV 5 5 HP Race Kart Parts | eBay

for 50 bucks i don't care too much but, if it's close enough to what i need i'll only need springs, other wise ill go with an Isky grind.