5.5HP vs 6.5HP (Harbor Frieght Tools)

I'm only three weeks into this mini bike stuff so parden may ingnorance.

I just got back from Harbor Frieght Tools where I saw for sale a 5.5hp ($129.99) and a 6.5hp ($159.99) for sale. Price isn't the issue at this point. I am learning that these are both "clones." Is that right? Just trying to get the "lingo" down. Obviously there is a 1hp difference in these engines. I see some choose to use one and others the other. Other than price, why would one chose the 5.5hp as opposed to the 6.5hp if money wasn't the issue? Not looking for a feud here, just trying to learn from those who are more experienced.

Forgive me if this has been discussed ad nausea and I am just missing it.

they're both clones. if you can get a 6.5 over a 5.5 do it. the only differences that i know of are the stroke, cam and maybe head (did the clones go with different heads like Honda?). once you start modding, the 6.5 will have a 1-2hp advantage over the 5.5.

you can't use a 5.5 crank in a 6.5 and vice versa.

edit: the 6.5 has an extra cooling fin on it thus making it a bit bigger (due to the longer stroke). they're basically the same size though.

you can put a 6.5 crank in a 5.5 just need a special piston and some block clearence. also you can put a 5.5 crank in a 6.5 will need a longer rod as the piston is about.215 to .225 in the hole. lol weve done both for sht's ang giggles they both run well. the 5.5 in the 6.5 has a good rod angle and rev's quick but its a lil smaller in cc now lol