5 HP Briggs carburetor

Harquebus

Which carburetors are you trying to interchange? Got pics?

They can be interchangeable ...but it depends on which particular carburetor and tank you have.

Harquebus

Okay. The Pulsa-Jet Adjustable carburetors are interchangeable with each other. I have one on a 3 HP gas tank and it's identical in size and fitment with the 4 and 5 HP carbs.

The Pulsa-Jet Fixed Jet carbs are interchangeable among themselves but not with the Adjustable. It takes a different carb-to-gas tank gasket [and a different repair parts and gasket set] than the adjustable type.

Harquebus

One more thing, the bolt pattern holes are different between the two types of Pulsa-Jet [and gas tanks]. That's crucial...

The two different types are explained in detail on that site. The Adjustable Jet is the desired type and is nearly identical to the Briggs Raptor [racing] carburetor except the latter doesn't have a choke.

I have a 3.5 HP Briggs motor that I want to use a remote gas tank with and get rid of the pulsa jet. Any suggestions on a Carburetor that would work

Doc1976

Cheap tecumseh replacement carbs are inexpensive and work well, get the adjustable style. The problem is the intake manifold. There are some options there too, but my knowledge stops here. I always make my own intakes.

Cheap tecumseh replacement carbs are inexpensive and work well, get the adjustable style. The problem is the intake manifold. There are some options there too, but my knowledge stops here. I always make my own intakes.
Thank you, I learn something new every day here. I didn't know you could mix some Briggs and Tecumseh DNA. My road block will be the intake and then the govenor which I want on a bike that my 11 year old will ride.