5 HP Briggs Rebuild

Picked up this 1966 5hp Briggs off of an old chipper. In the process of doing a complete overhaul to put on my Taco 44. So far the I found the carb to be cracked at the flange and bought a replacement along with gasket kit and electronic ignition to replace the points and condenser. Open to any tips and suggestions from the nice guys, not the snobby “gurus”

Attachments

Cylinder was mic’ed within tolerance along with con rod bearings. Sand blasted, primer’d, painted with 100% pure stainless paint and cleared. Stacked everything back up and decals last. I’ll let this paint set up for several months before firing up.

Attachments

No where in the can does is say either fuel proof or fuel resistant.
is this Ramco Koating you are using "fuel proof" or (at least) "fuel resistant"?
Michael
No where on the can does it say either fuel proof or resistant. I’ve been hanging on to these can for several years and this is the first time Im using them. I’ll have run a little sample on a piece later this week. I’ll let you know when I’m done how it goes.

joshua. c.

while you have the 5hp it apart put a billet rod and billet flywheel in it and pull the governor gear out. It will be allot faster that way. I fully built mine and its crazy the difference. It might be a bit expensive to do that but its worth every penny.

I like the stainless paint.
Kimball Midwest also makes a similar product that i have used in the past with good results.
Never painted an engine block with it tho

while you have the 5hp it apart put a billet rod and billet flywheel in it and pull the governor gear out. It will be allot faster that way. I fully built mine and its crazy the difference. It might be a bit expensive to do that but its worth every penny.
I was thinking about it but wanted to keep this as original as possible. I’ll definitely do a modified 5 hp in the near future! Thanks