5 hp snowblower tec

My sister in law lives in the house my wife grew up in....there is a half ass learn to shed I have been in 100 times over the last 28 years. Today for the hell of it I looked in. I don't remember this snowblower. Its say 5 hp. Its coming out and moter will pulled soon. Any guess what crank it has and can I fit a normal recoil on it? Thanks 20201023_144153.jpg

mustangfrank

My sister in law lives in the house my wife grew up in....there is a half ass learn to shed I have been in 100 times over the last 28 years. Today for the hell of it I looked in. I don't remember this snowblower. Its say 5 hp. Its coming out and moter will pulled soon. Any guess what crank it has and can I fit a normal recoil on it? Thanks View attachment 270524
Ariens 5hp snowblower? I pulled an HS50 off a mid 70s Ariens that looked like that, 3/4" PTO, recoil just has that snow shield bolted on.

The Ariens HS40 blowers I've checked out have all been 1" PTO.

I think it is an ariens. I did find out its been there the whole time. Crazy because in about 93 or 94 I pulled an red and white 86 four trax 250r out of there.......should have kept it.

mustangfrank

I think it is an ariens. I did find out its been there the whole time. Crazy because in about 93 or 94 I pulled an red and white 86 four trax 250r out of there.......should have kept it.
We live in Michigan, old snowblowers are like weeds...I can't believe how many free or cheap old blowers I blew past over the years before I realized the potential.

My buddy had a 250R, those are fun.