500kg lifting rig - man I'm getting old laugh

So i have access to some storage in Cape Town. I bought my mill for R11000 and will probably only get R8000 for it second hand. Priced new there almost R20000. So i decided to keep the mill the lathe and my compressor .

The guys at work made me up three crates. Only would be really difficult to load and off load crates weighing 350kg.

So i made a quick lifting rig. Works well :laugh:

Thanks Lads, bit last minute but there was no way I was going to pick up a 350kg mill on my own.
I made it wider than my bakkie so I can load things on it too.

It also disassembles into tree part the same length as my trailer. All I want to build nor is a Dolley for under the crates.

You never cease to amaze me with the stuff (tools) you make. When I was moved to texas My Bridgeport had to be disassembled for the movers to take it. Used my neighbors engine hoist to take it apart. My driveway in the old house was uphill, and they were using their moving dollies to get the base up the hill, must have broken 3 dollies getting it to the truck, wheels kept folding upwards as the weight did in the axles.

You never cease to amaze me with the stuff (tools) you make. When I was moved to texas My Bridgeport had to be disassembled for the movers to take it. Used my neighbors engine hoist to take it apart. My driveway in the old house was uphill, and they were using their moving dollies to get the base up the hill, must have broken 3 dollies getting it to the truck, wheels kept folding upwards as the weight did in the axles.
And for this limited one time offer that expires in 5 min I'll sell you the plans :wink: :deal:

Thanks Ole. Was not to worried about loading this end it just if i get to the warehouse and theres no forklift i could be in a real bind..
Will post pics when i load.

Last edited: