5HP Briggs help

Hello guys I have a 5HP Briggs Motor and I did some research and people said to get the 691922 manifold. Which I got and it doesn’t fit onto my motor? I want to return this thing and go for a different one. Does anyone know where I can get the correct manifold?
Picture:

I’m trying to put on a 22mm Mikuni or a Chinese knockoff. I have looked at manifolds and people said this 691922 is ideal for 5hp motors. But it’s not

That intake says it is for a Predator, it "may" fit but chances are the hole spacing isn't correct.

What you have is an older 5 hp Briggs with close carb mounting screws, the 691922 intake is for newer Briggs blocks with wider carb mounting screws.

You will probably have make an intake like the one pictured here. Rupp's have angled engine mounting plates and didn't with Briggs engines on this type of frame. There just isn't room to mount a Briggs gas tank and carb.
Here is a 22 Mikuni, on a old 5 hp Briggs, on a Rupp. Something you won't see every day :)

Danford1

PS CRAP !!!! The forum still won't let me upload pictures :-(
I'll see if I can upload to another place and post a link here.

Did a little more research and it seems like the Tecumseh H35 Manifold will fit with my motor. Original manifolds are a lot cheaper than the 691922 part. I will be running the same setup 22mm Mikuni with a 5HP Briggs in a Rupp mini bike frame 1970’s

Did the picture links above of my Rupp work for you?

The H35 intake may bolt up to a Briggs but the carb will be tilted. The engine plate sits at a 20 degree angle, the carb may not like it when you go down a hill. Going up hill is fine however :)

You can Try to find a slanted H35 intake, but they are scarce and can be expensive if you find one.
Keep us posted on what you do and how it works.

Danford1

Here is a picture of the Rupp, I finally found a way to post it.
I was "told" the intake was bought from a place in Dearborn Heights Michigan called Studz Hardware, but can't be sure. It is specifically made for a Briggs on a Rupp with a slanted engine and a Mikuni carb. It fits well.
It was on the minibike with a 3hp Briggs when I bought it. Here is there phone number in case you want to call them. Ask for the minibike parts department. Phone: 313-563-1058

Last edited: