60+ hp 3/4" shaft clutch?

I'm sure my next project will make in excess of 60hp. I have everything figured but the clutch. Is there a clutch that will handle 60+ hp with a 3/4" shaft. I really want to keep it simple and not run a cvt.

Not too sure, but I think you might be able to get a custom one built from max torque, they will be able to tell you off hand if possible.
MaxTorque

What's the motor??
I wonder what kinda crank shaft will be able to handle that torque and power. Forged no doubt.

60hp on a 3/4 shaft just isnt happening what are yiu running u sure yiur not talking about 6 hp sounds more like it..:eek:ut:
Dude....look here for some of my projects. boostdoctor - YouTube

Motor will be a 500 cc 2 stroke. The clutch will be jackshaft mounted. I don't want to use a transmission. I rather use a clutch to keep it simple and to reduce the load on the frame. That's all the details I'm giving for now because this will be my bike build-off project.

I'm new to minis, but far from a beginner. smh

This is a dyno graph of my cr500 dirtbike. This bike has been a 6.50@104mph in the eighth

Last edited:
Okay, now we understand. We were thinking a standard flathead or OHV mini motor...

I am thinking you are getting into snowmobile clutch area...

Turbo stroked 390 on fuel injected methanol and nitrous...... :shrug:
390 is 1" crank right?

Anyhow, i search for u for the heck of it and couldnt find anything for that much hp other than one for 50hp (for an industrial machine).

The setups for jr draster motors would be the direction i went, but doesnt fall within what u r looking for.

Some vids on youtube with guys supposedly over 45 hp (says 55) use something like what im talking about.

Detroit Custom MINIBIKES / J.B. Poweride Motor Sports 55hp - YouTube

Dude....look here for some of my projects. boostdoctor - YouTube

Motor will be a 500 cc 2 stroke. The clutch will be jackshaft mounted. I don't want to use a transmission. I rather use a clutch to keep it simple and to reduce the load on the frame. That's all the details I'm giving for now because this will be my bike build-off project.

I'm new to minis, but far from a beginner. smh

This is a dyno graph of my cr500 dirtbike. This bike has been a 6.50@104mph in the eighth
Yep makes sense now. Easier to search with that info. I have a friend into those motors (heavily) ill ask him.

No built in trans?
I'm going to cut it off the motor. So basically the motor will resemble a 2 stroke cart motor, but a lot bigger. I want the bike to still function and look like a minibike. turn the throttle and hang on! No manual shifting. Putting a complete dirtbike motor on there is too easy. And as I already said a clutch will make a lot smoother ride. The 5 spd would be too violent imo.

The guy that owned the one kart shop here in Louisville used to run a wet disk axle clutch on his two stroke kart pushing roughly 45hp.

How beefy would an 1 1/4" jackshaft with a big wet clutch mounted to it look!!!

The guy that owned the one kart shop here in Louisville used to run a wet disk axle clutch on his two stroke kart pushing roughly 45hp.

How beefy would an 1 1/4" jackshaft with a big wet clutch mounted to it look!!!
I'm willing to go to a bigger shaft; I just thought the 3/4" stuff was readily available. Help me out guys. I see some guys with Blockzillas running clutches. Don't these guys suppose to be making 50+ hp?

The primary will work the same, but the secondary will be wrong. At least as far as the one above. TAV's have the ability to run the opposite, on the secondary, but require special springs.

I used an adapter from 1" straight shaft to 30mm tapered to fit the clutch.

That was a massive clutch. Bigger than I should have used. A Comet 94c would have been better, but I couldn't find one and got a deal on the snowmobile setup...

What size is the shaft coming out of the motor?

I'm going to cut it off the motor. So basically the motor will resemble a 2 stroke cart motor, but a lot bigger. I want the bike to still function and look like a minibike. turn the throttle and hang on! No manual shifting. Putting a complete dirtbike motor on there is too easy. And as I already said a clutch will make a lot smoother ride. The 5 spd would be too violent imo.
nice!

there is an ad in craigslist for a 750cc suzuki... my wife, normally doesnt, but convinced me to stop looking at it... i guess i had to draw the line on getting carried away... i just dont think i want to spend the money on what it would take to make me happy (scare the sh#t outta me) on a mini bike (might as well put the procharger on my harley and move forward)... so ive scaled back my goals, so that i can accomplish them and move back over to my notch and the other bigger projects i have...

good luck with this and i can wait to see your build off entry... i like the way it sounds...