67 bonanza bc 1300s aka "the bruiser"

First off i'd like to say that Im new to the forum and Hello!

This is the minibike that my dads boss gave to me as a gift when I was a kid about 15 years ago. When I got it originally the thing was mint!!! But then had a lot of fun on it as a kid and then kinda forgot about it when I turned 16. And after that my dad had a blast reliving his childhood with it for a few years and didn't take the best care of it. So now that Im an adult and found out that I love to restore things; Im taking this project on. And have some fun with it when its all done and then might possible sell it. Im going to try to keep it as original as possible but with maybe a few twists. I don't quite know yet. But one thing that I found out that i didn't know when i was a kid was that it has all of its original paper work! So i thought that was pretty cool :thumbsup:
Any way Ill try keep everyone posted on the build as it progresses.

Thanks...

Attachments

fistfullabar

That is a awesome bike! Please try to restore and not modify it. Hard to find parts on there. Restore Restore Restore:thumbsup::pimp:

buckeye

I bet your pm box is full.:laugh:

Welcome to OldMiniBikes.
That isn't your average Bonanza. You need to shine that baby up and keep it as original as possible. Beautiful bike and so special with the paperwork and family history.
You would regret selling it....

fistfullabar

I bet your pm box is full.:laugh:

Welcome to OldMiniBikes.
That isn't your average Bonanza. You need to shine that baby up and keep it as original as possible. Beautiful bike and so special with the paperwork and family history.
You would regret selling it....
Well put buck!

matt2

That is one nice mini if you are going to sell it keep it stock you will get a lot more for it. If you are going to keep it do what you want make it yours. I had a 1200 with a B&S 5hp. I put the bigger tires from the 1300 on it and it was one of the best ridding bikes I have had. No matter what you do you are starting whit a heck of a nice bike. Good luck with it, Matt.

Thanks for all the input guys! An when I say add a twist to something I mean like powder coating the exhaust header black or maybe powder coating some of the nuts and bolts bonanza blue. So don't worry every part that has came off will be going back on just in a new shiny looking condition…

Welcome to the forum. Thats a great bike you have. If you plan on selling the bike, you should leave it as it sits. Just my 2 cents. More pictures would be cool:thumbsup:

Welcome to the forum. Thats a great bike you have. If you plan on selling the bike, you should leave it as it sits. Just my 2 cents. More pictures would be cool:thumbsup:
Thanks! It's a really fun bike. Yeah I'm not really going to change anything on it. Just make it all new shinier. All the parts I take off or going right back on. I'll get some more pictures up soon.I'm in the army so I have a pretty busy schedule. But as soon as I get some time; probably this week and I'll put some up.

Yeah that's a great bike...as others have said you should really consider just cleaning it up. There is a lot of value in originality even if it's worn looking. You'd be surprised what you can do with a couple gallons of Evaporust, some compound, wax and a bunch of elbow grease. Get the seat fixed and and put it all back together as original. I may be mistaken but I think that long chrome tank was sold by Bonanza and is a very hard item to find. Is the tank inside the fiberglass still good? If not there is a member on here who is an expert in repairing them.

Whatever you put into that bike in money and labor will be time and money well spent....:thumbsup:

Last edited:
Had some time today to get some media blasting done. Just found out that a auto center on ft lewis has a blaster that you can use for just $6.00 an hour. So i spent $12.00 and and got some work done today!

IMG_6897.jpg IMG_6883.jpg IMG_6885.JPG IMG_6882.JPG IMG_6880.jpg

So here is just a little update on the project.

IMG_6888.jpg IMG_6931.jpg IMG_6938.JPG IMG_7013.JPG IMG_7015.jpg

So after a few days of soaking in pb blaster it became evident to me that the bolts were not going to come out so i could split the wheels. So i had to drill the heads off. But everything worked out just fine with that. After that was done i cleaned them a little bit and off to the bead blaster i went. I will say they cleaned up very nicely! Then got some time today and cut out a new seat bottom.