69' 3HP Briggs Shroud

As the title says....looking for a 69' 3HP Briggs shroud. MUST be in VERY good condition with no dents and have a good functioning recoil. MUST be a 69' !!!
PM me.
Thanks in advance....:thumbsup:

Mac

Great idea for my up and coming Avatar.

...If only gbones were still here to help me search.
(5 covers per crate)

Last edited:

Mac

,,,,So, How would a 1969 stamped model/serial number be stamped?

Appears to me it would be the first two digits of the CODE.
( I don't know minibike type stuff)

To get into more detail,You need to know what PTO cover was on the bike.The last 2 digits are most important when you do find a 69 cover.A plain PTO cover with no holes to mount,lets say a chain guard to, would be an 80202,the 2nd from the last digit is the most important,in this caee being a "0".If you bike had a 4 hole pattern around the crank and had a ball bearing crank,it would be an 80232,if it had a 4 hole pattern without a ball bearing crank,it would be a 80212.You need to have this correct for a proper restoration along with the correct date code of 69 :thumbsup::scooter::thumbsup:

Mac

....All the covers I have and none you can use.
1963,64,67,72, and that sort.

....I have yet to check my complete Briggs engines.

Yes sir...I certainly know all of this....In this case I need a 80202. Since the majority of shrouds "out there" are 80202's....I wasn't real concerned...:shrug:

To get into more detail,You need to know what PTO cover was on the bike.The last 2 digits are most important when you do find a 69 cover.A plain PTO cover with no holes to mount,lets say a chain guard to, would be an 80202,the 2nd from the last digit is the most important,in this caee being a "0".If you bike had a 4 hole pattern around the crank and had a ball bearing crank,it would be an 80232,if it had a 4 hole pattern without a ball bearing crank,it would be a 80212.You need to have this correct for a proper restoration along with the correct date code of 69 :thumbsup::scooter::thumbsup:

Last edited: