69 "Lil" Indian

Addicted 2 Minis

Paint everything and you don't have problems. Things weren't powder coated back then. I don't know a powder that's any good as far as I'm concerned.
Most of the problems with powder coating is poor metal prep and curing at the wrong temperatures. I've had ones where they chip really easy, rust from underneath and then there's ones where I can't even sandblast the crap off. The problem with paint is, if you take it to a body shop to have done, it'll sit on the back burner forever, body shops usually don't have enough time for such small jobs. I'm not the best painter either, I can rattle can and fix my mistakes but nothing spectacular.

bbiggs54

Most of the problems with powder coating is poor metal prep and curing at the wrong temperatures. I've had ones where they chip really easy, rust from underneath and then there's ones where I can't even sandblast the crap off. The problem with paint is, if you take it to a body shop to have done, it'll sit on the back burner forever, body shops usually don't have enough time for such small jobs. I'm not the best painter either, I can rattle can and fix my mistakes but nothing spectacular.
I guess it helps if you've painted cars your whole life.........;)

Attachments